Why is Brett Farve still starting besides the streak? (1 Viewer)

Without Favre the Packers = the raiders. Without Brooks, the Raiders = Arizona.

I still like bret he gets a bad rap he throws picks because he is trying to do to much packs wr corp has been well below par for awhile if he had weapons like he use to he would still be tearing it up

OK. On a fair reply, since A. Rogers is on the IR this makes this question a moot point. I wasn't aware of the situation. I feel like M. Irvin on ESPN.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. As a Saints fan you are not required to know about Green Bay.

At least you know what moot means. :ezbill:

I think Favre is great for the NFL. He is a character and a great QB. We need more of his types (rather than the Frye's, Losman's, Harringtons, Kitna's, Gerrad's of this world).

I also think he has a shot at Marino's TD record (or am I wrong).

Green Bay will start Favre as long as Favre chooses to play. The fans love him. They are blue collar fans and he is a blue collar guy. Not to mention, he's done a lot for the franchise. Look for him to start again next year.

brett favre is chasing numbers.....that's all there is to it.....he has been around long enough to know that the packers have no shot at a SB this year and next year.....if he were playing to win, he would ask to be traded.....sorry danny boy, brett wants your records...

also he is 11 shy of the all time interception record...maybe he wants that one as well

Because the way you win football games is to outscore the opponent. And the way to outscore the opponent is to score touchdowns. You can score touchdowns by running the ball into the endzone, or by throwing it into the endzone. Brett Favre can throw the ball into the endzone. That's what gets you points and wins your football games.

Sorry, was channeling John Madden.

Because the way you win football games is to outscore the opponent. And the way to outscore the opponent is to score touchdowns. You can score touchdowns by running the ball into the endzone, or by throwing it into the endzone. Brett Favre can throw the ball into the endzone. That's what gets you points and wins your football games.

Sorry, was channeling John Madden.

You forgot to add, "because Brett Favre is Brett Favre, and so, Brett Favre is Brett Favre". :hihi:

Speaking of Brett Favre, last night they asked the analysists what QB they would want right now if they had to win a big game. They all said Favre except one.

Am I missing something? Guess just sucking up because its Favre's last MNF game most likely, but come on, be intellectually honest if your in that position.

Speaking of Brett Favre, last night they asked the analysists what QB they would want right now if they had to win a big game. They all said Favre except one.

Am I missing something? Guess just sucking up because its Favre's last MNF game most likely, but come on, be intellectually honest if your in that position.

Actually i compare Favre right now to Steve Young at the end of his career. Steves 49ers were contenders with him and lost 13 games when he hung up the cleats. Those two guys raise the competitive level of thier team tenfold when they line up. I think the commentary took into consideration that he is playing with a seriously seriously young team that wouldn't have 3 wins w/o favre.

Plus if he stopped playing then he might be force to guest star in awesome movie roles, just like he did in Something About Mary...classic.

Fuaaarvvrahh

Who else would be thier QB? Aaron Rogers is thier long-term hope but as we all know he broke his foot or leg or whatever when Favre got hurt in thier last game. I would like to see what the packers would have done this year without him. Surely any QB who takes over after Favre will have HUGE SHOES to fill. Chances are that on a mediocre packers team the guy won't win anyways. They might be a Cleveland or Detroit-like team trying to find a QB.

So if the packers force Favre out and the team doesn't do well it's a bad situation for managements and for thier fan relations. As we know, Green Bay fans are the BEST fans of any team in the country. They win every single poll with a packers player in it (or soup can) and they sit through that horrible weather even when the packers are losing. If they are losing who would you rather see as the QB, Favre or some no-named QB?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom