Why is Cadet still on the team? (1 Viewer)

Murphy wasn't reliable enough on special teams and now he's inactive on game day. The Saints got rid of Sproles and Spiller didn't work out, and that's why Cadet is on the team.

Because you need a third back that knows all the assignments.

I'm guessing this is the reason, too, and I've piped up on a few other threads to speak to Cadet's value. I could understand the intense criticism he might receive if our offense was in any way floundering and he was somehow responsible, but that's obviously not the case. Its like criticizing the frame on the Mona Lisa.
This Reggie/Deuce/Colston/Shocky/Henderson/Meachem/Sproles/Graham-less offense is coming together nicely, IMO, particularly given their youth.
Its not like Cadet sleeps in the groundskeeper's shed and sneaks onto the field during the games in a homemade uniform- the same coaches that built our current offense know Cadet's skills and want him on the team. That has to count for something.

I just don't get why we complain so much about some of the bottom of the depth chart players around here. Cadet is a solid and dependable player on this team. Is he great at any particular task? Probably not. Would he stick on an NFL roster as a single position on the depth chart? It doesn't seem likely, as both New England and San Francisco cut him loose after a few games.

But, when you can fill the third running back, fifth receiver, core special teams player, backup returner, and emergency quarterback with a single player, I think that player's value to the team should be acknowledged.

This !
Again I agree with you.

Seems guys need to whine about someone... this week could not pick Ingram, could not pick Byrd, Browner is gone, Peat was good... so let's pick Cadet !

I cringe every time Tommylee is back to catch a punt. The guy is just too nervous to trust in that type of situation right now. He almost never catches them cleanly. That being said, I agree Cadet needs to go.

we cut all-star Spiller already... we'll keep crappy Cadet for the season. Why does he need to go again ?

But he's got to be the most lackluster returner I've ever witnessed. He consistently makes bad decisions when fielding kicks, So why is he still back there? That one where he went out of his way to catch the kick that was about to go out of bounds blew my freakin mind

He had two very good season returning kick in 2012 and 2013. He made one mistake this week... I am so tired of people stating stuff like it was facts. We thought Murphy was the solution but he made mistakes, Tommy Lee also made mistakes... but since they are younger they should get the nod ? ok right....

Travaris Cadet: Career Stats at NFL.com

i still dont understand how tommy lee isnt taking all kick and punt return duties, he is a threat everytime he touches the ball

A guess

Maybe he is on the team because a professional staff of coaches that have won a super bowl and who spend all day every day with the players have determined he is among the 52 best available at this point in time. Just a guess. Or, maybe he has pics of SP being bad.

Maybe he is on the team because a professional staff of coaches that have won a super bowl and who spend all day every day with the players have determined he is among the 52 best available at this point in time. Just a guess. Or, maybe he has pics of SP being bad.

That the same professional staff that cut Cadet and signed Spiller right?

He knows our system, good locker room presence, and he is versatile....even though he's not one of our main guys. I'm sure SP sees value in that, despite that we don't. That's just my takeaway

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom