Why is Cadet still on the team? (1 Viewer)

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's a horrible returner and provides nothing on offense. I honestly don't think he would be picked up by any other team in the NFL if we cut him. Tommylee is someone that you have to account for every time he touches the ball, makes no sense why he wouldn't be active.

Another one of those players Payton falls in love with that brings nothing to the table, Like the kid but he's not NFL quality!

I don't get this either, on my FF team I am always in need of a rb2 and I find guys like Jazuizz Rogers who seem to have all the tools . . .it must have something to do with his knowledge of the offense and special teams.

Was it him that caught the kickoff on the fly and ran out of bounds at the 10? That was terrible. Cost us 30 yards of field position. Between that and the indecisiveness when he catches the ball in the end zone I'm just about over him as a return man.

I don't get this either, on my FF team I am always in need of a rb2 and I find guys like Jazuizz Rogers who seem to have all the tools . . .it must have something to do with his knowledge of the offense and special teams.

You playing in a 32-team fantasy league with 53-man rosters? If not, that's a really terrible argument.....not that we probably couldn't do better, I'm just saying it's just a terrible argument.

IMO Cadet sticks around because he can play WR and RB equally and that's a pretty good thing to have in a pinch.

Another one of those players Payton falls in love with that brings nothing to the table, Like the kid but he's not NFL quality!

I honestly think that Payton simply trusts him to know the play and know what to do. Even if he doesn't do it well, he can still run the play . . . which apparently is a problem for some (e.g. Spiller).

But what the heck was Cadet doing fielding that kickoff at the 12 yard line running out of bounds to make the catch? The announcers didn't even mention what a bonehead play that was.

I honestly think that Payton simply trusts him to know the play and know what to do. Even if he doesn't do it well, he can still run the play . . . which apparently is a problem for some (e.g. Spiller).

But what the heck was Cadet doing fielding that kickoff at the 12 yard line running out of bounds to make the catch? The announcers didn't even mention what a bonehead play that was.

Yeah...that was pretty bad. He lets that go and we get the ball at the 35. No way that one was staying in-bounds.

Cadet for all his faults usually seems to have his head in the game pretty well.

Yesterday was not one of those days. :(

No back should ever step on this field other than Ingram and Hightower. I trust them to run better and catch better (ironically enough). Cadet just feels like a waste. I understand the cute packages but I'll keep repeating this over and over. Play your best players. They make things happen.

I just don't get why we complain so much about some of the bottom of the depth chart players around here. Cadet is a solid and dependable player on this team. Is he great at any particular task? Probably not. Would he stick on an NFL roster as a single position on the depth chart? It doesn't seem likely, as both New England and San Francisco cut him loose after a few games.

But, when you can fill the third running back, fifth receiver, core special teams player, backup returner, and emergency quarterback with a single player, I think that player's value to the team should be acknowledged.

How about the time he caught the kickoff and started to take a knee and changed his mind and got to the 15 yard line. Stupid!

I have a strong feeling that Payton's vision is to replace Cadet with Lasco.

He's one of those players that stick around for some unknown reason. We can clearly upgrade, but it's confusing as to why we don't. We gave up on Murphy and TLL appears to be in the dog house. Both of those players can make Cadet expandable.

I will say this though, Cadet has made some crucial catches for us before.

I have a strong feeling that Payton's vision is to replace Cadet with Lasco.

Different type of players. Murphy was supposed to be the Cadet replacement, and did so, until his fumbling and injury issues developed.

Lasco is a Hightower style player. And, seeing how Hightower is 31, which is pretty ancient in running back years, I think that he exists as the new Hightower once Tim is done.

I saw Marcus Murphy on the sideline in street clothes yesterday ...

I wonder if the trust is completely gone with Payton? He would be so dynamic for us if he could just handle that football. Cadet simply doesn't do it for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom