Why is Egg Roll House? (1 Viewer)

I'm not much for Kenner restaurants, but when I looked this up, I found out that there is still a Taco Tico on Williams. Jackpot!! It's like Taco Bell with doves!

Kenner restaurants are much disappoint. Actually, for Kenner asian food, I prefer Happy Wok and Tokyo Grill in the strip mall across from the Wal-Mart by Loyola. Both are actually pretty good. Also, Bubbie's is a very underrated sno-ball stand, too. I think his syrups are the best in the area.

Kenner restaurants are much disappoint. Actually, for Kenner asian food, I prefer Happy Wok and Tokyo Grill in the strip mall across from the Wal-Mart. Both are actually pretty good. Also, Bubbie's is a very underrated sno-ball stand, too. I think his syrups are the best in the area.

Young's fried rice and egg roles are awesome. Oh, and their wontons. I've only eaten two different meals from there, mandarin chicken and shrimp and eggplant. The mandarin chicken is good and the eggplant is awesome. The sauce for it tastes exactly like the sauce from Stouffer's stuffed bell peppers. I can drink that sauce.

Kenner restaurants are much disappoint. Actually, for Kenner asian food, I prefer Happy Wok and Tokyo Grill in the strip mall across from the Wal-Mart by Loyola. Both are actually pretty good. Also, Bubbie's is a very underrated sno-ball stand, too. I think his syrups are the best in the area.

To be clear, I don't have anything against the idea of Kenner restaurants, I just haven't found anything to compel me to make the 4 hour journey to Kenner just to eat. I certainly don't object to the occasional visit to Fisherman's Cove, Smitty's, or Kenner Seafood.

Is that a ritual of yours? Eat at a restaurant and kill birds with a BB gun?

Years ago there was an incident at Kenner Mexican restaurant where staff were busted shooting birds (I think doves) behind the restaurant. It was a while ago and 1) I'm pretty sure it wasn't Taco Tico and they're gone now and 2) I'm pretty sure they were never served to patrons (although it was heavily implied at the time that the staff were eating them, at the very least).

I don't really remember the details.

When i was but a wee Kennarian, back in the days of Barkers, Sunbasket, Po Folks, Driftwood Playground and the ice skating rink... There existed a really good (or at least really good to my 5 yr old tastebuds) Chinese restaurant on the ‘bad’ side of Williams Blvd, across form Sylvesters(?) Western Store called Fong’s... they had really tasty fried wontons... Can any current Kenner denizens (or fancy Metairie folk) confirm if it’s still there?

In the late 1990s, the Egg Roll House sold sushi. I sat down at their sushi counter and talked to the sushi guy one time ... learned a lot about how they get trained and stuff.

I liked their food back then, but haven't eaten there in well over 20 years. Was that restaurant ever in former sheriff Harry Lee's family, like House of Lee was? I had heard Egg Roll House was in the Lee family at one time, but I really don't know.
they were still serving sushi in the early 2000s. it was better than gas station sushi.

i had a friend that worked there until he stabbed another employee.

hmm.. could it be that Kenner is not the suburban utopia it once was? Isnt Kenner where the Raising Cane’s employee was killed by an ex employee a couple yrs back?

I have heard tell that the street we used to live on (Martinique) is now a part of Kenna that you never want to enna.

Years ago there was an incident at Kenner Mexican restaurant where staff were busted shooting birds (I think doves) behind the restaurant. It was a while ago and 1) I'm pretty sure it wasn't Taco Tico and they're gone now and 2) I'm pretty sure they were never served to patrons (although it was heavily implied at the time that the staff were eating them, at the very least).

I don't really remember the details.
a certain bald "friend" used to order from there a lot.

hmm.. could it be that Kenner is not the suburban utopia it once was? Isnt Kenner where the Raising Cane’s employee was killed by an ex employee a couple yrs back?

I have heard tell that the street we used to live on (Martinique) is now a part of Kenna that you never want to enna.
also where chili's manager was killed on a christmas eve.

oh and don't smack talk antipops old stomping grounds.

Little Chinatown in Kenner is legit one of the best Chinese places around...it's the old Pizza Hut on Williams for you OG Kennerians

Don Jose has pretty good Mexican food...

that's all i got

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom