Why is Egg Roll House? (1 Viewer)

I think i predate you, b/c when we lived there in the very late 1970s/very early 1980s, all of the apartments and condos on Martinique were brand spanking new, with lots of new construction on the street.. no bad rap then.. heck, even my elementary school was brand new the year i attended- Schneckenberger Elementary, which I’m almost positive is still there... Funny , i rode by the old apartment a couple years ago, then rode by Schneckenberger- when you’re a kid it seems like miles away, but i was stunned to discover that it was literally just around the corner from where we lived.. i think the only reason i took the school bus was because i went to Kenner Kiddie Corral after school, which was a few blocks further.

it was pretty common in the mid to late 80's to hear people refer to Martinique as the 'bad area' of Driftwood...i also went to Schneckenberger so i had friends that lived on Martinique...i was never worried about going to hang out there

it was pretty common in the mid to late 80's to hear people refer to Martinique as the 'bad area' of Driftwood...i also went to Schneckenberger so i had friends that lived on Martinique...i was never worried about going to hang out there

Just took a look at Google maps.. turns out we lived right on the corner of Martinique , at 38th St... unbeknownst to me, it looks like Martinique past 38th is mostly a nice, ‘normal’ neighborhood.. also it looks like we lived directly behind that Little Chinatown restaurant a few of yall mentioned earlier.

The best Mexican restaurant in Kenna was El Patio on Georgia Ave. just off Wiliams. Their ceviche was excellent, and all of their food was homemade by the family that owned the restaurant. They also had pitchers of sangria that I swear felt like they never ran out.

I think the family's name that owned it was Rodriguez. Some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Oh, and since we're talking about Chinese...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom