Why is Egg Roll House? (2 Viewers)

Young's fried rice and egg roles are awesome. Oh, and their wontons. I've only eaten two different meals from there, mandarin chicken and shrimp and eggplant. The mandarin chicken is good and the eggplant is awesome. The sauce for it tastes exactly like the sauce from Stouffer's stuffed bell peppers. I can drink that sauce.

Youngs is da bomb. Haven't been to the other ones mentioned in here since i live right outside baton rouge, but Youngs is far better than anything I have had around here

Maybe if they kept the old burnt out building, but it's too new looking to be in this conversation.

Arson done by the matriarch of Fongs on Williams Blvd

Sounds like a movie starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li

While in school, I used to go to one in Baton Rouge on Essen that was good. The quality was surprisingly good, but I think that has to do with the nature of Indian food.

You can't remember an Indian restaurant named India's?

It's got nothing on this place...
Image result for chinese kitchen carrollton ave

this was the first Chinese food I ever ate in my life. We had just moved to New Orleans so it was 83. I still remember what I ordered though I was only 10. Shrimp in Lobster Sauce.

Is Chinese Kitchen still good? I know it was in the 80s and 90s, but I haven't gotten food from them is years. Honestly, I didn't even know they were still open.
Oh yeah, I haven’t been since the late 80s but I loved that place.

Anybody from the Parish remember The Bean Pot (I think) on Judge Perez? Hole in the wall place with just a few tables. Some of the best Mexican food I’ve ever had. Old Mexican guy owned it and cooked in the back while his much younger Russian/Eastern European wife served up front. Ain’t dere no more.

I haven't been there in ages either. But I always liked it.
when i worked for cox (lol), we went there a lot. loved the place (not cox). though haven't been in a long (lol) time.

If youve never bought weed in Fat City, then picked up a dozen Cisco’s hot tamales from the white guy in the sombrero- then you are truly letting the best in life pass you by.
true except the white guy was black and wore a kangol. he was also a friend, does that count?

My favorite Chinese joint to go to in the area. Been going here for years and years, never once had a bad meal there. The only knock I ever had was if you get any take out with sauce, like curry chicken, kung bo chicken/shrimp, its going to leak out of the containers.

photo0jpg.jpg

Does anyone remember the Chinese village on Transcontinental, just off Vets? My dad loved that place (and he really wasn't into Chinese food), he thought they had the best roasted duck in history. I remember getting a hamburger there as a kid and it was actually really good as well....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom