Why is Egg Roll House? (2 Viewers)

I played LL baseball as a kid in what is now Lafreniere Park, back then it was just a few baseball fields and woods/remnants of the old Jeff Downs that burned down....

Believe it or not our sponsor was non other than The Comeback Inn.....

Comeback Inn has a great muffaletta.

They have good food in general. The funny thing is I never ate there when I was a kid, I missed both end of season parties there for some reason. Then about 10 years ago visiting my parents for Christmas, my nephew says lets meet for lunch there, we were like....OK?

The food was great, shrimp poboy, muff....red beans and rice were on point....

Lived in that area briefly in the 90s.. Years earlier, there were two places right at that intersection that i really loved- Denny’s (which is now the seedy Evergreen Motel, I believe)- this was before Dennys were ubiquitous and trashy; may have been the only one in the NOLA area, I’m not sure.. but they had like Belgian Waffles with the fluffy cream.. also, i seem to remember hat you could make hats or Halloween masks out of the menus(?). Someone let me know if you have a clue what i‘m talking about............. Also, Tiffin Inn.. cant remember what i used to get there, but I believe it was, again, some pancake or waffle concoction with whipped cream.. I believe it closed fairly recently.

When i lived in that area, there was a coffee shop that was a clear (possibly illegal?) ripoff from the tv show Friends called ‘Central Perk’ right at the park entrance.
when i worked at dominos, david drive, we'd call it everhooker motel.

I remember that Denny's....also our neighbor (Mr. Norm) after his wife passed would go to Tiffin Inn for dinner every night. I think it closed a few years ago? I played LL baseball as a kid in what is now Lafreniere Park, back then it was just a few baseball fields and woods/remnants of the old Jeff Downs that burned down....
my uncle was one of jpso's, wasting tax dollars, you'd see in there every single night (tiffin inn).

[Comeback Inn has] good food in general. The funny thing is I never ate there when I was a kid, I missed both end of season parties there for some reason. Then about 10 years ago visiting my parents for Christmas, my nephew says lets meet for lunch there, we were like....OK?
They do a family fried chicken dinner that's a knockout. You have to wait 20-30 minutes for it to come out, but it's worth the wait.

When i was but a wee Kennarian, back in the days of Barkers, Sunbasket, Po Folks, Driftwood Playground and the ice skating rink... There existed a really good (or at least really good to my 5 yr old tastebuds) Chinese restaurant on the ‘bad’ side of Williams Blvd, across form Sylvesters(?) Western Store called Fong’s... they had really tasty fried wontons... Can any current Kenner denizens (or fancy Metairie folk) confirm if it’s still there?
It is still there I believe. I remember years ago the old lady from Fongs set young’s garden on fire, 😂. It was a huge scandal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom