Why is Greg Williams not under consideration in New Orleans? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
He is one of the best, if not the best defensive coordinators in the league. I don't understand why Sean Payton is not even considering making a change. Heck, he could have even been brought in as the D-back coach for a season.

We have all seen the lackluster defense we play under Gibbs. What does Sean Payton see that we don't? Man, I'd love to have Greg in here.

Hopefully we are takin him into consideration. We can always use coaches who have experienced success in the NFL, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

We don't need Williams, Coach O will turn things around :9:

Is he looking for work?
Many times these guys sit out a year.
Not that I wouldn't jump at the chance to have him.
Would he have US?
Do we know if there HASN"T been some attempt to take a look at him?

He is one of the best, if not the best defensive coordinators in the league. I don't understand why Sean Payton is not even considering making a change. Heck, he could have even been brought in as the D-back coach for a season.

We have all seen the lackluster defense we play under Gibbs. What does Sean Payton see that we don't? Man, I'd love to have Greg in here.

He needs to be, im tired of the some ole same ole. Gibbs needs to be fired.

Greg Williams wants to be a head coach from what I understand. He isn't going to even consider coming to NO to be a D-coord or Assitant D coach of some kind.

It may also be a price tag issue. I don't know the exact numbers but Gregg Williams was paid like a head coach last year. Will Saints pay coordinator numbers that would be near whay Coach Payton makes?

How do you know we didn't talk to him and he doesn't want to come to New Orleans?

Not tryin to be too much of a smart ***, but we have a D-coordinator. Not that I would mind bringing Williams in, but it looks like we have made our decision.

Agreed.

But playing along, how do we know Payton hasn't considered making a change, that there is no interest in Williams, or if the team has put out feelers to Williams to see if there's any interest -- or anybody else for that matter? I'll assume that from our vantage point as fans, we see/read/hear very little of what actually goes on in daily operations. Rumormills and insider info reports have probably conditioned us to believe that if something is happening, it will be reported on TV, radio, or the Internet, and that if we're hearing nothing, then nothing must be happening.

If I am not mistaken, Williams were making something like 3 million a year for being a coordinator in Washington (he signed an 8 million contract for 3 years plus a million bonus if he wasn't named head coach of the redskins after Gibbs).

He can take all the time he wants to get any position he wants. I sincerely doubt he will be interested to coach the saints secondary, and even to be a defensive coordinator here, since his salary would be way lower.

I hope this answer your question David.

How do you know we didn't talk to him and he doesn't want to come to New Orleans?

It's common sense as far as I can see. He was making head coach type money. He was supposed to be in line to be the head coach of the Redskins. He wants to be a head coach from what I've heard in the media.

So why would he give up that kind of salary and coaching position (that he can and will get from someone next year most likely), to come coach our secondary or line or even be the D-coordinator making less then a million a year.

Greg Williams wants to be a head coach from what I understand. He isn't going to even consider coming to NO to be a D-coord or Assitant D coach of some kind.

Ray Rhodes was in the same position. He just took a job as a D-back coach. He was once a HC and then a D-coordinator. There are not a lot of HC jobs available right now.

I am _pretty sure_ I heard on Sirius today that Williams was going to possibly interview for the vacant D/C position in Jax.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom