Why is it so hard to run the ball effectively (1 Viewer)

There's nothing wrong with our running game. We run the ball just fine. The Saints have had the most dynamic offense in football over the last six years and people are complaining about it?

This is why the Gameday board is so necessary. It allows for all of the idiotic, emotion-driven posts to be collected in one place while freeing up the SSF for good conversation. Of course, since there are no games...

This is far from the garbage that is posted in the gameday forum

Having one of the best offenses in the league doesn't mean there aren't a ton of stalled drives, lots of picks and too many drives ending without points

There are a lot of things this offense leaves to be desired in spite of its successes...ranging from leading the league in drops to a bottom ranked running game

We can do better

This is far from the garbage that is posted in the gameday forum

Having one of the best offenses in the league doesn't mean there aren't a ton of stalled drives, lots of picks and too many drives ending without points

There are a lot of things this offense leaves to be desired in spite of its successes...ranging from leading the league in drops to a bottom ranked running game

We can do better

Ahem...
Because we got no good run plays

Typical saints drive

1st down....empty back set. Quick pass to moore gets batted down. Drue licks his fingers then u see ingram run in.

2nd down- quick run up the middle. Ingram gets hit in the backfield. Stumbles forward for a gain of 8cm.

3rd down. Ingram trots off sproles trots on. Drew does about 19 chcks in the line n tells sproles to switch sides to pickup the blitz he identifies. Hike...bushrod gets pushed back by a bullrush. Sproles flares out n chips the guy. Everyone is covered so drew tries to hold tge ball...looking for someone to get the ball too. Bushrod has been defeated n as brees tries to release tge ball his shirt is grabbed n hes slung to the turf. Drew gets up straightens his face mask n walks off dizgusted.

4th down. Total TOP. 1:13 seconds

1. Saints RBs aren't that good
2. Saints offensive line isn't that good at run blocking

It's almost comical to see us try and run the ball. Typical Saints attempt at running the ball:

First down shotgun pass incomplete with Colston, Graham, Moore, Henderson and Sproles on the field. Then comes second down, and the personnel flips completely. We go from the above mentioned to David Thomas, Daniel Graham, Joe Morgan, Jed Collins and Mark Ingram in a heavy I formation. Geez, I wonder what they're going to do out of this formation with this group of personnel?

OK, he stinks and he consistently runs into the backs of his own lineman.

This year will be no excuses for Ingram. Must play to potential. I'm on my final straw with Ingram.

But but but.... He's our most consistent back. You have to take out the outliers. Disregard all the time he gets tackled in the backfield and runs into the back of his blockers. That will take his YPC from 3.9 to 4.1. Lol, Ingram is our most consistent back....at running into his blockers.

If I were the coach, Ingram would have a damn hard time making the team at all.

It's hard to run the ball effectively because we don't like running the ball. Especially how they payed Brees, you know he has to air it out as much as possible.

Running the ball takes patience and a commitment

For a team that passes more than anyone else, we can't come out in obvious running formations all the time when we do decide to run it 1 out of the 15 times it happens in a game.

If you are going to run the ball you need to mix it up and trick the defense. Running inside sets up runs to the outside...and vice versa

Running to the strong side successfully opens up cutbacks, draws and screens

We don't run the ball well because we don't have the patience to set it up.

It has nothing to do with the talent of our line or running backs....it's a patience thing

This, this, this and THIS!! I don't agree with you all the time Canton, but in this case you're dead on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom