Why is it? (1 Viewer)

If the Texans are 6-2 or have the same record?

How much would losing Reggie really effect this team? How much would losing Deuce or Brees effect this team? (knock on wood).

Reggie is PART of the reason we are 6-2, however so are 50+ other players on this team. There are only two players I think we can not afford to lose. Those players are Brees and Deuce.

my opinion is: People in general suck. People will find things to complain about. No matter what... If people aren't happy with 6 - 2...you're not going to make them happy about anything. The only thing you can do is stop trying.

I think if Bush was averaging 3.6 YPC, getting 12 rushing attempts for 40 yards, catching a handful of passes for another 40 yards (much like the first couple weeks) you wouldn't hear anything out of most of the so-called "doubters".

However, when you have a back tacking significant carries away from another back averaing almost 4.4 YPC, then you have a problem. Deuce has carried the ball 111 times (including today) for 487 yards. Reggie has carried the ball 81 times (including today) for 207 yards. That is only 2.56 (rounded up) YPC. Now I know most runningbacks have a backup to spell them. However Reggie is getting 73% of the touches Deuce gets in the running game. Thats a significant amount more than a normal backup or 3rd down back. If you give Deuce even half of Reggie's running attempts his numbers, in essence, would be much more statisically better. You have a running back tacking over 40% of the offensive rushing attempts and he is averaging almost 2 YPC less than the other back.

I know the game plan, I know you have to give Bush the ball or the defense will not believe the threat of a run while he is in there. I just think some of his carries would be more effective if they were given to Deuce.

I know he isn't a bust, I know he is a rookie, I know he has helped this team win, but results are what matters. Like I said if Reggie was getting 40 YPG rushing and another 40 YPG receiving with the occasional big play (be it on special teams or on offense) 9/10 "doubters" wouldn't have much to say.

I agree on all points.

Also, consider that if Deuce is given the ball enough, he'll give you a string of runs that looks like 2-2-2-22-2-12. You have to give the pill to a guy like Deuce for him to do what he does best. When we take him out and No. 25 goes down for -3 yards, the defense is charged up (ie, "We got Bush again!") and Deuce's ability to bang out a big run following a few small ones is greatly affected.

I understand that the guy has to play in order to get it, but the ratio of Deuce runs to Reggie runs shouldn't be as close to 1 as it is.

I hardly consider myself a "doubter," because as I explained in an earlier post, I never really believed that Bush was worth all the talk he generated in the first place. But he's what we have now, I wanna see him do well, and if it means moving him full-time to another position, I'm all for it.

i think most of us thougt be this point in the season reggie would be making big plays instead of drawing off coverage as a decoy. As long as this opens the field up td's by colston and hendersen, i see nothing to complain about,

It's the NFL. It's like people hating on Peyton. It's like players are supposed to apologize for the accolades they recieve. As if Bush or Peyton or any of those guys are supposed to go on TV and say "Look I appreciate the praise, but i'm not as good as Addai/Brady, so please, stop talking about me"

Whatever

Impossible standards
well said. I never understood why people hate on Peyton, even other players, like Joey Porter last year claiming the NFL wants a Manning in the SuperBowl---or something to that effect. "No please, dont say anything good about me! No thanks, I dont want to be in that commercial, my family can feed themselves!"

my opinion is: People in general suck.
you, my friend, should write bumper stickers. hilarious.

my opinion is: People in general suck. People will find things to complain about. No matter what... If people aren't happy with 6 - 2...you're not going to make them happy about anything. The only thing you can do is stop trying.

Your wisdom is LOUD AND CLEAR. Give Saint James a cigar, I agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom