Why is Jamies to blame for 68% Pressures Against Car? (1 Viewer)

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Just really confused here, for the people upset with Winston, how, at all, was it on him to be under pressure for basically the whole game, and to that, almost always playing long downs because of it?

Just really curious from the anti Winston group on here?

It’s like we can’t accept that we were pressured the 3rd most of any team since 2009 and also that our average 3rd down in the first half was 3rd down and 18?

Please justify me how it wasnt on horrible blocking and absent coaching due to covid.

Everybody played a part, there are threads about the offensive line, WR's, Defense and coaching, but God forbid you make one about the QB.
Starts and ends with the O line on O. I was a Taysom supporter so don’t get me wrong here. Winston doesn’t deserve the crap he’s taken. It’s not god forbid and if it is, it’s god forbid Winston play football with defenders in his face al day.

Starts and ends with the O line on O. I was a Taysom supporter so don’t get me wrong here. Winston doesn’t deserve the crap he’s taken. It’s not god forbid and if it is, it’s god forbid Winston play football with defenders in his face al day.
There is a reason the Bucs let him go. He still has 15 games to go, so let's hope we see improvement but Winston is going to Winston...you take the good with the bad, like any QB

Doesn’t he have some responsibility for figuring out where the pressure is coming from and rolling protection to that side? Can’t lay all the blame on him, but at the same time, I don’t think he’s free from fault.

Doesn’t he have some responsibility for figuring out where the pressure is coming from and rolling protection to that side? Can’t lay all the blame on him, but at the same time, I don’t think he’s free from fault.
This. He literally said it himself after the game. He has to be better at calling protections. I like Jameis and it's something that can be learned, and of course that's not all on him. But yes, he has some responsibility for being under pressure all game.

The really egregious error was mostly not being equipped to Winston to communicate and he did the left handed pass.

Also, when the game is out of hand... No hero ball. Use the reps to work on your mechanics and work on reads. No scrambling. Quit taking hits on runs.

This. He literally said it himself after the game. He has to be better at calling protections. I like Jameis and it's something that can be learned, and of course that's not all on him. But yes, he has some responsibility for being under pressure all game.
But the big problem with the zone blitzes where they sat on the A gap.

The QB
Offensive Line
RB

Didn't know what was going to happen all game

Which is why you probably didn't see any audibles. Audibles in the dark is a big no no

The whole team was unprepared.

I've heard a rule of thumb that QBs are responsible for 50% of their sacks. I think there is some truth to that. That's why the greats are usually some of the least sacked QBs.

We aren't necessarily talking just sacks but I think a similar logic applies here. 50% may be a bad number. I'm not sure what that number is but it isn't 100% and it isn't 0%.

I'm just ready to move on and see what next week brings. I need to see more. One great game and one ugly game just leaves me saying I don't know. That applies to the whole team, not just Jameis. Plenty of excuses to go around but that doesn't satiate me. One week it's motivation, next its an excuse. Best I can guess is we're in for a roller coaster, but we'll see.

Just really confused here, for the people upset with Winston, how, at all, was it on him to be under pressure for basically the whole game, and to that, almost always playing long downs because of it?

Just really curious from the anti Winston group on here?

It’s like we can’t accept that we were pressured the 3rd most of any team since 2009 and also that our average 3rd down in the first half was 3rd down and 18?

Please justify me how it wasnt on horrible blocking and absent coaching due to covid.

Team loss for sure. But ... The QB especially one touted as some kind of football intellect is supposed to read the pressure pre-snap and know where the open man is. That's what drew did so well. Burn their defense a few times and they have to back off.

At some point, it should have donned on Jameis what they were doing and he should have adjusted better. The QB is the leader and the responsibility always starts there.

Yep he has to recognize and call protections. Alot of the drive killing sacks was a free unchecked rusher. Was not all on the o line

Yep he has to recognize and call protections. Alot of the drive killing sacks was a free unchecked rusher. Was not all on the o line
A free rusher is 100% on the lineman. It's not like they magically appeared in the backfield.

They see them standing up in their face and got confused on who to block. I don't care if McCoy isn't there to direct traffic like he usually is.

When a defender is in your face sitting in the A Gap in a disguised zone blitz. You don't need a QB to give you a call to watch for the stunt, delayed, blitz, slide protect, wiggle and close down, and etc.

The offensive line supposed to work together and communicate. Ruiz wasn't in a position to succeed at all.

For another frame of reference... McCoy took over a lot of line calls this past year from Drew.

Playing center is almost as mentally processing as QB. I played it all my life. It's not something you can just not do for a whole year from an amateur league and get in rhythm at an NFL level. Snapping the ball... Yes. Mental chess aspect... No.

I saw plays where they crowded the line and rushed 4 but still there was a free rusher. Ruiz and Throckmorton were blocking air. Armstead and Ramczyk blocked the edge. Peat let a guy go through the B gap. Not just any player but a D lineman. Peat has had his problems on whifs but he doesn’t just not see a guy rushing. That tells me that Jameis shifted the protection to the right and Peat went for the rusher over center leaving the B gap open. Sean Payton has the best pass blocking schemes. There is no way that 2 lineman should be left blocking no one. He always prioritizes sealing the A and B gap. Jameis had so much time to throw vs the Packers. The line didn’t suddenly regress. If that happened once in a game it would quickly be fixed if the QB understood protection schemes.

We need a QB who is really going to take control of the offense and not some guy who is just out there trying to make plays. Jameis and Taysom are not that guy who can elevate players around them.

A free rusher is 100% on the lineman. It's not like they magically appeared in the backfield.

They see them standing up in their face and got confused on who to block. I don't care if McCoy isn't there to direct traffic like he usually is.

When a defender is in your face sitting in the A Gap in a disguised zone blitz. You don't need a QB to give you a call to watch for the stunt, delayed, blitz, slide protect, wiggle and close down, and etc.

The offensive line supposed to work together and communicate. Ruiz wasn't in a position to succeed at all.

For another frame of reference... McCoy took over a lot of line calls this past year from Drew.

Playing center is almost as mentally processing as QB. I played it all my life. It's not something you can just not do for a whole year from an amateur league and get in rhythm at an NFL level. Snapping the ball... Yes. Mental chess aspect... No.
1E349999-0FA6-4FDC-BFA5-5269A82D4C02.jpegFFD5CAB1-4B0E-44A3-B1B7-8D6634688CE0.jpeg

There’s potentially three rushers to his left. Why would Peat block the player over center?

He’s either really bad, paid off, or Jameis made a mistake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom