Why is LSU ranked so high? (1 Viewer)

rpmgatech

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I still don't understand how in the world LSU is ranked number 5. Now, before I say this let me get something straight with you ... I have no SEC ties being an ACC guy, and yes, I know my conference is terrible this year .... but Auburn (10-2) has the same record as LSU (10-2), has beaten #5LSU and #4Florida, but they are ranked 11 and LSU is ranked 5. Let's see what ranked teams LSU has beaten ... #17Tennessee without their starting QB and a #8Arkansas team that was caught looking ahead at the SEC championship. And to reitorate, LSU (10-2) lost to Auburn (10-2), yet LSU is ranked higher.

I don't want any replies like LSU has the best defense or LSU is coming on strong at the end of the season because the folks for college football talk all the time about how college football is based on the entire regular season, not just the end. So please give me a valid explanation sighting specifics.

When Auburn lost to Georgia, everybody said that they were "exposed." Well, like you said, that team beat Florida and LSU! Auburn should definitely be ranked higher than they are.

Still, there's no doubt to me that LSU is the better team right now. I think 5 is fair, since they just came off a big win against a great team and had only lost two games when they had an unbelievably hard schedule.

UGA, we are being ranked lower then we really deserve. I think auburn is very underrated in terms of polls refer to our actual team itself.

I do think we will screwed agian just like last year and the year before that

they are ranked so high because the bcs said so... don't question the bcs, it will fight you

Because Florida and LSU lost by bad calls from the refs against awwburn. They lost late in the season. Lost to an unranked UG team, and Ark was unranked when the lost to them.

LSU played 4 top 10 teams on the road. Went 2-2. LSU didnt lose late. So obviously if LSU keeps winning and other teams keep losing LSU moves up in polls. Awwburn getting blown out by an unranked UG team really hurt them.

Should we destroy rpmgatech now or later?

I still haven't seen any valid explanations. Well, I guess you all proved what I was expecting this ranking to be: a sympathy vote for Katrina (and I am from Lakeview btw).

I still haven't seen any valid explanations. Well, I guess you all proved what I was expecting this ranking to be: a sympathy vote for Katrina (and I am from Lakeview btw).

that is probably the lamest post I have ever read on this website.

I hope you don't expect anyone to take you seriously after that comment.

Well, I'd have Wisconsin above them...but, the reason is fairly simple. It's because those other teams lost recently. I hate to say it, but that matters. When you lose does matter most times.

Worst post ever.

And I don't like LSU at all. :shrug:

This post makes me sick to my stomach, and I think you're a moron.

And I'm NOT an LSU fan.

But as someone who was born in Louisiana, and raised in Mississippi, this post is beyond ridiculous and has no place here.

Take to the Falcons' board.

Want to take issue with LSU's ranking? Fine.

Bring me something more to the table than this garbage.

Last edited:
This post makes me sick to my stomach, and I think you're a moron.

And I'm NOT an LSU fan.

But as someone who was born in Louisiana, and raised in Mississippi, this post is beyond ridiculous and has no place here.

Take to the Falcons' board.

but he is from Lakeview, so its okay for him to make an idiotic comment like that. I hope that tool gets banned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom