Why is LSU ranked so high? (1 Viewer)

I still haven't seen any valid explanations. Well, I guess you all proved what I was expecting this ranking to be: a sympathy vote for Katrina (and I am from Lakeview btw).

You gotta be kidding me?

rgm: Think about what you are saying. You know what this reminds me of? Remember when the Saints won in the dome against Atlanta on their first return to the dome? And it was HUGE?

Then along came some ******* saying that it was rigged, bk. of Katrina sympathy.

That's what it reminds me of.

Last edited:
1) Timing is everything. If you're going to lose, lose early in the season so you have time left to climb up the polls.

2) If you're going to lose, lose to top five teams and not crappy unranked teams.

That is why LSU is ranked higher...

Does it make sense? I guess not. I'm an Auburn fan, but I truly believe that LSU has a better team than Auburn this year. Sure Auburn won the game, but I think Auburn really overachieved in that game. The voting system really doesn't work in college anymore. Champions need to be crowned on the field, and that means playoffs...but it will never happen.

With all of that said, it has NOTHING to do with Katrina.

I still haven't seen any valid explanations. Well, I guess you all proved what I was expecting this ranking to be: a sympathy vote for Katrina (and I am from Lakeview btw).

Look man, I don't like LSU because I had terrible experience going to Baton Rouge for a game. Frankly, I usually pull against them, and I'm even offended by your comments.

LSU is number 5 because teams 6-25 aren't as good. There's your answer. Look at 6-10. I don't think any of these teams are better than LSU.

6. Louisville
7. Wisconsin
8. Boise State
9. Arkansas
10. Notre Dame

I thought intelligence was the one good thing Georgia Tech fans had going for them...

Look man, I don't like LSU because I had terrible experience going to Baton Rouge for a game. Frankly, I usually pull against them, and I'm even offended by your comments.

LSU is number 5 because teams 6-25 aren't as good. There's your answer. Look at 6-10. I don't think any of these teams are better than LSU.

6. Louisville
7. Wisconsin
8. Boise State
9. Arkansas
10. Notre Dame

I thought intelligence was the one good thing Georgia Tech fans had going for them...

But 11 Auburn, beat LSU.

LSU is also the #3 team in the SEC West, not the SEC, but the SEC West, behind Arkansas and Auburn. They are somehow ranked above both, without deserving it.

Its when you lose? Then how is Florida, who's one loss came before USC and Michigan ranked behind them? Ahhhh, its all about perception, and ESPN's talking heads, and not about reality.

This is BS. You call yourself a New Orleanian? LSU deserves the ranking because of the way they've been playing down the stretch. Ark is a tough team. Look at USC. Why are they #2 when they lost to Oregon st.? I agree that the BCS is a popularity contest at times and I'm all for playoffs, but that comment was uncalled for and unwarranted.
Ban him Dano!

MLU, good post.
It's also about HOW you lose. AU got skull-drug by Ark in Ala. LSU beat Ark in Ark. AU also got hammered by Ga at Home as well. AU was still highly ranked even after the beating they took from Ark. But, losing so badly to an unranked team at Home will drop you quickly.
On the reverse, if Ole Miss would have pulled off the upset a couple of weeks ago in TS, LSU would be ranked in the 20's.
That's just the way it goes.

Any one that watched the game against Auburn knows that the only reason LSU lost that game was due to bad calls.

Should teams be rewarded when the only reason they won was due to poor officiating? If so, then Auburn deserves to be ranked higher, but everyone knows the truth.

The real question should be how does USC jump over Michigan to #2? Michigan only lost to the #1 team on the road in a close game. USC lost to an unranked team and they jump over Michigan, that's crazy.

What needs to done is a 4 team championship series where #1 (Ohio St.) plays #3 (Michigan) and #2 (USC) plays #4 (Florida). The winners would then compete for the national title a week later.

Of course in some years there would be debate over which team deserves to be #4 vs. #5, but I could live with that.

Rankings are always biased and that will never change.

I don't get all this LSU playa hating from a LA board.

:dunno: :dunno:

LSU is ranked high because the voters love to watch Les Miles choke big games away, and they want it to happen again for pure entertainment value.

I believe this sympathy vote was for Rita; not Katrina. But I'll have to check into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom