Saints Why is Mike Florio such a Saints hater 🤷🏾‍♂️. (2 Viewers)

He's a Vikings fan.

He is a lifelong Vikings fan. He was VERY salty after the NFC Championship Game. Very early on in the "bounty" fiasco he was 100% onboard with the whole NFL fake story. I sent him emails with FACTS about the Saints, such as no injuries on the field, far fewer personal fouls called on the Saints, the 50,000 pages of "evidence" and many other issues. He came around eventually. I think now, his old Vikings love is coming through again. I also think some of "Meathead" (Chris Simms) rubs off on him also. Simms hates the Saints and thinks Brees is average at best. I could understand hating The Panthers, they almost killed him, but why the Saints?

If Jameis is indeed the starter, will we keep Taysom on the sidelines as he is our only backup QB on the roster?
I agree with Florio. As long as Drew is sidelined, then our TH7 package goes away. Can’t risk losing any more QBs to injuries. Especially the way injuries are so rampant this year. We can easily win our next 3 games with TH7 on the sidelines

I’d also say that I don’t think Florio has a true opinion on anything. I used to respect him based on his coverage of the saints during “bountygate”, but I’ve come to learn over the years that he merely covers stories in order to create controversy and drive up his ratings. In my opinion, he doesn’t have a dog in the fight, unless you count himself. He’s a lawyer by trade who can quickly develop alternative arguments / viewpoints and shoot them out onto the web; spelling errors and all. If he has any perceived saints bias, it may stem from him being a Vikings fan. But he’s clearly a way bigger fan of making money and stirring the pot than he is a Vikings fan and has renounced his interest in the team publicly.

Chris Simms is clearly biased against Brees, though. I think that stems from the fact that his own career was not very successful. He likely blames that on a lack of comparable innate talent to other qbs. So he spews praise for guys like Rodgers who were born with it vs relating to someone like Brees who earned it. He can’t accept that someone may have been been born with less natural skill than him (mostly size) but then so far exceed him in achievement.

I didn't give them the click, but based on what you guys said, Florio isn't wrong about overpaying Taysom if he really isn't a #2 QB and about Jameis being an interception machine. Bobby Hebert thinks he is a very inaccurate passer.

I don't see Taysom as our backup QB or QB of the future however I still don't think he's overpaid. He allows us to keep 3 QB's on the roster with out "wasting" that roster spot because he also played Wildcat QB/TE/WR/special teams ace. His versatility allows us to keep other players on the team that we normally wouldn't be able to keep and that's valuable.

You can add about a dozen other talking heads to the list. A few refs as well.

The hate is real.

I don't understand why readers get so sensitive regarding the opinions written about their teams.

I don't think Fiorio hates the saints, and it doesn't matter if he is or not. We also have to understand that his business is to attract readers, and a little controversy always helps the case.

After our lost playoff game against the vikings last year, Fiorio stated that Taysom Hill was the best player on the field, considering both teams.

He is not afraid to say that Taysom can be the quarterback of the future, and as many people, he would love to see the saints offense commanded by Taysom.

Now, as last year, it is easier to accommodate Jamies than Taysom to the starting role. Taysom has particular qualities, and the offense has to be designed around him. That is one of the reasons I think it is attractive for Coach Payton to name Taysom the starting quarterback once Drew retires. Starting anew is always refreshing.

But for now, it easier to accommodate Jamies to the offense, so there is the reason he may start on Sunday. We are making decisions considering the present, not the future.

I think they say these things for clicks. It’s been known that our fan base is the one of if not the best fan base. He knows our fans will react and give him/Simms clicks.
Agree. It’s not about us. It’s about him and getting clicks.

It FEELS like it’s about us when he says stuff in a way designed to get himself a click. But it’s not about us.

He’s just focusing too much on the money aspect. Taysom isn’t really being paid “backup QB” money. He’s being paid “doing 7 different jobs” money. Fact is, he is a legitimate weapon where he is on the field. Rodney and Terrico made excellent points when saying that when you limit Taysom to just playing QB, you weaken other aspects of the team because he’s one of the best players in those other areas he participates in.

Maybe, but then again, he was one of the most vocal national journalists criticizing the league and commissioner over its handling "Bountygate". He was also very vocal about the unfairness of the NOLA No Call. He might have doubts about the team (and for my part I think he's wrong), but I don't see him as some irrational Saints hater.
From what I remember he was the first and for a time the only national journalist questioning the NFL's narrative of bounty gate. Even the our own local journalists just took the NFL's claims on face value.

I also think some of "Meathead" (Chris Simms) rubs off on him also. Simms hates the Saints and thinks Brees is average at best. I could understand hating The Panthers, they almost killed him, but why the Saints?
Simms is awful and wouldn't know an original thought if it bit him on his big stupid 6 head.

Chris Simms is clearly biased against Brees, though. I think that stems from the fact that his own career was not very successful. He likely blames that on a lack of comparable innate talent to other qbs. So he spews praise for guys like Rodgers who were born with it vs relating to someone like Brees who earned it. He can’t accept that someone may have been been born with less natural skill than him (mostly size) but then so far exceed him in achievement.

I had not looked at it this way before, but it makes COMPLETE sense. Simms just didn't have the natural born talent to be a legit NFL starting QB. He can accept somebody with off the charts physical talent, but he must hate the fact that he can still throw the ball five yards further than Brees. He probably also resents the fact that most people see him as a hack/meathead and that he only had and has a job because of his dad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom