Why is nobody bringing up... (1 Viewer)

Because while special teams is indeed significant and capable of changing games, its relatively unpredictable.

Just like a solid kicker, special teams coverage units tend to show up big for games or seem to disappear completely.

So, yes, against a tough defense special teams is huge for field position battles, but I won't dissect 10 dudes kamakaze'ing into 1 guy with the ball while 10 other dudes try to stop them. Its all about who keeps their lanes and what not and who makes a play.

Special Teams?

Its 1/3 of the game and a very favorable match-up for the jets.

you guys have never been behind this year, but if the jets win the opening kickoff we could have a lead before sanchez or brees ever see the ball. Leon was a pro bowl KR last year and a gamebreaker. he might take teh opening kickoff to the house. I hope we pick tails, cause as we all know, tails never fails :hihi:

Favorable? Have you seen Malcom Jenkins???

At least Ryan probably isn't as stupid as the Bills coach and let Brees get the ball first.

It's gonna look like this (Bills = supposed top tier special teams unit)
dbo3tc.gif

After this play I looked at my dad and he looked at me and we said the same syllable to each other. It begins with "W" and rhymes with "Ho".

I'm not sure that special teams is "1/3" of the game. You are right to be thinking about it; without great special teams play, your team has NO shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom