Why is reggie having so much problems rushing the ball? (1 Viewer)

I think its really just the run blocking...reggie is everything we are asking him to be, he's tough, durable and has visioni, what he doesnt have is patience to let the play develop or the guts to just take whats there and get them next time around, if they know your gonna take it up the middle it opens up the outside, but since they know he is quick to bounce it outside they just wait on him....its just gonna take time for him to get it down, I know other backs (moroney, addai, drew-jones) are running good, but there all running inside outside, reggie is just trying to bounce everything out.

Meily - see TCU Dan's post - link provided in CrossWatt's post above. And please edit the thread title, "having much problems." I'm not trying to play grammar police, it's just hard to read. :hihi:

The reason why Bush is having a problem is because the Saints don't throw the long ball enough unless they are trying to come from behind. The Saints can beat a lot of teams deep with their passing attack but its not being used enough. Teams plan for Bush every game not Brees, Colston or Horn or any other WR. I don't think they should have Brees throw 40 passes a game but maybe send Bush on a post out and see what will happen.

Last edited:
I think that he isn't trusting his abilities as much because he isn't having the running sucess. He has no problem as a receiver. As far as the "roadgrader" type. We have some on the roster. It is difficult to find any lineman who can run and pass block well. You have to decided what you are going to do and build with that. I think we should put him out in 3 receiver sets more and use him like that. Would you use a thouroughbred horse to pull a plow?

He had a pretty nice run near the end. Its our TE's we need better ones so he can run around the edges.

Everyone wants a piece of him. That's why he's such a good decoy.

ITS NOT THE LINE PEOPLE.............

As mentioned already in this thread, there have been many great backs with lackluster lines (Barry Sanders, LT, etc.) and everyone of them found a way to make positive yardage.

The line has been creating holes, reggie either not seen them or been able to hit them. The cut back has been open, but he instead has tried to break to many outside. I think Reggies main problem is he is deciding where to run before the play starts, rather than letting the play develop and picking his hole. I hope this gets better as the season goes on because right now he is a liability in the rush game.

He had a pretty nice run near the end. Its our TE's we need better ones so he can run around the edges.

Thats true also. I think Reggie needs to play madden 07 and see when to use the highlight stick and when to take the hit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom