Why is the game on FOX? (1 Viewer)

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Shouldn't a interconfernce nfc home game be on CBS?

It follows the home team's television contract. Fox has the NFC, and CBS has the AFC.

*EDIT*

I was wrong and I don't know where I received my incorrect information from.

It's something new they've been doing the past few years. FOX has a few AFC games, CBS has a few NFC games per the TV deal.

It follows the home team's television contract. Fox has the NFC, and CBS has the AFC.

Yes, we usually play on FOX, but whenever AFC plays at NFC, it is on CBS. And when NFC travels to AFC, they play on FOX...normally.

I for one am happy, yes CBS has the superior HD feed, but I find FOX's overall presentation, music, sound effects, etc. more pleasing. That FOX theme music just gets the blood flowing.

Shouldn't a interconfernce nfc home game be on CBS?

This is just my opinion...

It "used to be" that in inter-conference games, CBS would cover the visiting AFC teams whereas FOX would cover the visiting NFC teams.

Last year (possibly the year before or so), I *think* there was an agreement between CBS and FOX to be able to switch that up on certain games.

I don't know the criteria they use for those decisions, but I suspect whichever games they expect to have the biggest viewing audience plays a major part.

Now, back to our Regularly Scheduled Program.

No, wait - they moved the program over to another channel...

It's something new they've been doing the past few years. FOX has a few AFC games, CBS has a few NFC games per the TV deal.

Yes, we usually play on FOX, but whenever AFC plays at NFC, it is on CBS. And when NFC travels to AFC, they play on FOX...normally.

I for one am happy, yes CBS has the superior HD feed, but I find FOX's overall presentation, music, sound effects, etc. more visually pleasing. That FOX theme music just gets the blood flowing.

Is that right? Why did I think it was the opposite? Oh well. I stand corrected.

Wait till they find out NBC has Thursday games too. Yeah it is part of the new TV agreement.

Hngh. Odd. I hadn't even noticed.

Either way. Will be nice to watch the Saints on proper HD. Not whatever Raycom had them out there using.

Yes, the network has been determined by the road team's conference in the past.

I don't know why this game is on FOX, but networks have been known to exchange games to accommodate something else. It's also more complicated now that we have five networks involved in broadcasting the NFL. FOX in essence lost the Panther-Bronco matchup to CBS/NFL Network, maybe this is compensation?

Where can I find that map of where to watch the game?
I'm in Chicago this weekend and want to figure out if I can watch the game on network or if I have to seek out a Buffalo Wild Wings or something.

Where can I find that map of where to watch the game?
I'm in Chicago this weekend and want to figure out if I can watch the game on network or if I have to seek out a Buffalo Wild Wings or something.

You might be out of luck. I see the Texans vs Bears are on Fox locally. I'm assuming you'll get that feed as well. So you likely won't get the Saints as the national Fox game. If your bring your laptop or fire stick and have access to the internet download a program called Kodi and then install SportsDevil. Plenty of YouTube channels to help with install and setup.

Once again this year there are 8 games flipped between CBS and FOX. Of those 8 games, 6 feature the california teams since Rams moving give them 4 teams spilting the markets.

Example week 2, The Niners have a early game on Fox and the Raiders host the Falcons game which would be on Fox. But since CBS has a doubleheader and those 2 teams share the bay area market they cant show both games. So one game has to move CBS which has a doubleheader that week.

The reason the Saints get moved to Fox, is cause at the same time San Diego is playing at the same time, So they wanted to make sure the California can get both games when if possible. Had CBS had doubleheader there very good chance one of those 2 games would have been in the dame slot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom