Why is Tom Brady treated as if he should be immune from personnel changes? (1 Viewer)

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I have heard this season, "Gronk would have caught that one. Gronk would have made that play a hundred times out of a hundred. Gronk would have made that block." Well who cares? He isn't running out there. Why does Brady have to be surrounded with HoF talent?

Nobody in the press has ever said for Drew, "Colston would have hauled that in. Shockey would have made that first down. Graham would have scored easily." Or better yet, "Drew would have won that with an actual defense." (You know, like Brady.)

It's a bit of a rhetorical question. I know why. But it's still irksome. (I'm just thankful Drew finally has an actual defense.)

I can't tell you how many times I have heard this season, "Gronk would have caught that one. Gronk would have made that play a hundred times out of a hundred. Gronk would have made that block." Well who cares? He isn't running out there. Why does Brady have to be surrounded with HoF talent?

Nobody in the press has ever said for Drew, "Colston would have hauled that in. Shockey would have made that first down. Graham would have scored easily." Or better yet, "Drew would have won that with an actual defense." (You know, like Brady.)

It's a bit of a rhetorical question. I know why. But it's still irksome. (I'm just thankful Drew finally has an actual defense.)

Because it's Tom Brady and the weekly Chris Collinsworth slobberfest!!

Apparently you didn't get the memo!!

I mean hell it took them all the way to eight minutes left in the game to FINALLY admit that the Patriots haven't exactly played against stellar competition this season!!

Last edited:

Because the league and the media are biased. They are always protecting narratives.

Because it's Tom Brady and the weekly Chris Collinsworth slobberfest!!

Apparently you didn't get the memo!!

I mean hell it took them all the way to eight minutes left in the game to FINALLY admit that the Patriots haven't exactly played against stellar competition this season!!
Exactly!

I was saying "about time they acknowledge they haven't played anyone".

I'm just happy their defense got exposed for not being historic as they are making them to be.

Saints have been a better offense than New England over the years so his point stands.

NE have won 6 superbowls.....I hate that as much as anyone, but because of that fact, they get favor from national talking heads. Not sure why anyone expects it to be any different. It's the same reason why Lebron James gets calls/excuses lesser known players don't get.

When they were looking at the replay of the Edelman fumble that was returned for a TD, you could tell in Collinsworthless' voice that he was not happy to discover that it would not be overturned, he exclaimed "Wow!". He was truly hoping that he was gonna witness an epic comeback by Brady. Wasn't to be.

NE have won 6 superbowls.....I hate that as much as anyone, but because of that fact, they get favor from national talking heads. Not sure why anyone expects it to be any different. It's the same reason why Lebron James gets calls/excuses lesser known players don't get.

Just saying they have an easy case as the best offense over more than a decade, so they should always get that benefit. Not really big on the original premise, just following yalls logic.

This will be Brady's last year.

He's had the easiest schedule heading into tonight and statistically he's been mediocre, everything considered.

And tonight he was underwhelming to say the least.

This will be Brady's last year.

He's had the easiest schedule heading into tonight and statistically he's been mediocre, everything considered.

And tonight he was underwhelming to say the least.

He certainly looks pedestrian......the couple times I've seen him this year, I get a Chad Pennington vibe watching him play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom