Why isn't Judas considered the greatest hero in Christianity? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The very name Judas is synonymous with betrayal.

But if you believe the events of the Bible, here's a dude who was one of the chosen 12 who gave up everything to follow Jesus. They were a brotherhood. And then this event transpired that had to happen for the salvation of the Earth. In fact, Jesus asked that the cup be taken away, and God said no. That ish was going down.

So in comes Judas. Dude has to betray his friend and teacher because God is making it happen. So this pawn gets carried along in the tides of prophesy despite clearly not wanting to. And it damages him so much he kills himself and donates the money.

And somehow HE'S the bad guy. Dude is the definition of a hero. Sacrifices his own desires for the greater good.

(apparently there some apocrypha that suggest he was a good dude.)

And I did a search to make sure this topic hasn't been covered, but there was so much Judas priest to sift through I gave up, so sorry if repost.

Think the idea is he didn’t know jesus was supposed to die, he just sold him out without knowing

But if you believe the events of the Bible, here's a dude who was one of the chosen 12 who gave up everything to follow Jesus. They were a brotherhood. And then this event transpired that had to happen for the salvation of the Earth. In fact, Jesus asked that the cup be taken away, and God said no. That ish was going down.

So in comes Judas. Dude has to betray his friend and teacher because God is making it happen. So this pawn gets carried along in the tides of prophesy despite clearly not wanting to. And it damages him so much he kills himself and donates the money.

And somehow HE'S the bad guy. Dude is the definition of a hero. Sacrifices his own desires for the greater good.

And I did a search to make sure this topic hasn't been covered, but there was so much Judas priest to sift through I gave up, so sorry if repost.

Read "The Last Temptation of Christ" by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Watch "The Last Temptation of Christ" by Martin Sorcese.

Same reason we don’t celebrate the brain clot that gives us super mental powers

There is a Gospel of Judas that the church won't include in the Bible because they say it's heretical.

It's worth reading. but it doesn't fit the Catholic narrative. It's the same group that used the Gospel of Mary.

"In contrast to the canonical gospels, which paint Judas as a betrayer who delivered Jesus to the authorities for crucifixion in exchange for money, the Gospel of Judas portrays Judas's actions as done in obedience to instructions given to him by Jesus of Nazareth. It does not claim that the other disciples knew about Jesus's true teachings. On the contrary, it asserts that they had not learned the true Gospel, which Jesus taught only to Judas Iscariot, the sole follower belonging to the "holy generation" among the disciples."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom