Why isn't Judas considered the greatest hero in Christianity? (1 Viewer)

Apparently there are people here who dont know the difference between omnipotence and all-controlling
Knowing something is going to happen is not the same as making it happen

What are you thoughts on "God has a plan for you"? Which comes from the Bible.
You hear people tell other people so, when some life event occurs, which implies that life event happened because God willed it to happen, as his plan dictates.

That paragraph has absolutely nothing to do with science. Using the word "theory" doesn't make it scientific, unless it is a scientific theory, arrived at through the scientific method.

true. The book however is completely scientific in its approach (or by early 20th century standards anyway) Sorry if I made that misleading

What are you thoughts on "God has a plan for you"? Which comes from the Bible.
You hear people tell other people so, when some life event occurs, which implies that life event happened because God willed it to happen, as his plan dictates.
Honestly i have gotten to far into my bottle of scotch to even think of a coherent answer

no need - jesus rewrote the OT - when he said that there were only 2 commandments, he was essentially saying the OT was a rough draft, but the gospels are the real deal
Matthew 5:17, "I am not here to abolish the Law or the Prophets... but to fulfill them".

Quoting Rush to me?
Dang bruh
nice
Felt appropriate on this day.

Wouldn't it be funny if I was a "bruh"?

Felt appropriate on this day.

Wouldn't it be funny if I was a "bruh"?
We are all Bruhs in Snoopy’ eyes

The difference between Christ's Grace and OT law is very appealing to me. It's a beautiful concept.

I want Jesus to be real.

I really do.

Oh he was real enough as a historical figure. The question is what one believes about him. That's a question we all should ponder at some point. And not just about him, but what we believe about truth, reality and what all of that means.

Everyone ultimately has to draw their own conclusions. For whatever its worth, I believe the concept you propose is real, and I've experienced it personally.

Last edited:
Oh he was real enough as a historical figure. The question is what one believes about him. That's a question we all should ponder at some point. And not just about him, but what we believe about truth, reality and what all of that means.

Everyone ultimately has to draw their own conclusions. I believe the concept you propose is real, and I've experienced it personally.

There are a few things that keep me from crossing over from Agnostic to Atheist.

The Apostles and early Christians behavior baffles me.

Their "Cult Leader" was dead, but the Apostles continued his ministry and they all suffered the ultimate price (other than John) for it.

What happened to Saul/Paul? Why would a person that murdered Christians convert so suddenly?

Early Christians (many Jews) were murdered in horrible ways for refusing to betray a man they never met.

I know the Atheist response. I've heard it.

It doesn't satisfy me.

There are a few things that keep me from crossing over from Agnostic to Atheist.

The Apostles and early Christians behavior baffles me.

Their "Cult Leader" was dead, but the Apostles continued his ministry and they all suffered the ultimate price (other than John) for it.

What happened to Saul/Paul? Why would a person that murdered Christians convert so suddenly?

Early Christians (many Jews) were murdered in horrible ways for refusing to betray a man they never met.

I know the Atheist response. I've heard it.

It doesn't satisfy me.

Those are some good questions. Hadn't really thought about it in quite that way. But yeah, they knew they were risking their lives.

I have said I would never recant my faith, but I honestly don't know how I'd react if that situation actually happened to me.

There certainly seems to be something there when otherwise reasonable and sane people wouldn't speak against their faith with a proverbial gun to their head.

Last edited:
As for Judas, I've done entire sermons on what he went through. His actions were his own, and his guilt drove him to suicide. So, no, he was no hero. I don't think it's a complicated conclusion to draw from reading the accounts in the Gospels.

There obviously are other considerations as discussed throughout the thread, but to me, some of it is over thinking it and over analyzing it. It would take pages and pages to dig into all of it and I don't have the time or energy to fully explore and outline all of the reading and thinking I've done on the subject.

Interesting questions to ponder though.

I'd just like to add, I'm fascinated by how many non-religious people browse these types of threads. Before Saints Report, I would have thought our non-religious posters would avoid these like the plague. My assumptions have changed a lot over the years being here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom