Why isn't Judas considered the greatest hero in Christianity? (2 Viewers)

The one thing I will never understand is why an athiest will argue with or challenge a Christian over their faith. I have no problem with it, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever.
in isolation, what someone believes has little to no impact
once that belief becomes political - meaning they want their beliefs to have an impact on others' lives - then you want to investigate if their is some soundness to that belief

The one thing I will never understand is why an athiest will argue with or challenge a Christian over their faith. I have no problem with it, but it makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Christians have been arguing with other people over their faiths for centuries. It used to be that they'd send soldier monks to foreign lands to retake holy places, round up non Christians and torture them to make them convert, burned them at the stake if they didn't... nowadays they are not as violent, they just send missionaries to argue with others about their faith to try and convert them to Christianity.

Then there is the part where Christians want to force their beliefs on others through secular law.

Christians have been arguing with other people over their faiths for centuries. It used to be that they'd send soldier monks to foreign lands to retake holy places, round up non Christians and torture them to make them convert, burned them at the stake if they didn't... nowadays they are not as violent, they just send missionaries to argue with others about their faith to try and convert them to Christianity.

Then there is the part where Christians want to force their beliefs on others through secular law.
I'm glad you made the distinction of how things were done in the past and how Christians discuss their faith in current times. That still doesn't explain the desire to refute all beliefs of Christianity.

I'm glad you made the distinction of how things were done in the past and how Christians discuss their faith in current times. That still doesn't explain the desire to refute all beliefs of Christianity.

I thought the last sentence was clear. I could add when Christians deny science... when they want to pass religion as science in classrooms, make students pray... when I see PragerU and the like target atheist channels in youtube ... when I hear people talk about how atheism is a disease... when I see people being denied things because they are not like they are supposed to be like the Bible says or they want to do something like the Bible prohibits... when I see people giving their life savings to some jerk in a very expensive suit because he's going to cure them of some incurable disease by pushing on their forehead... when I see the Pope sitting on his golden throne, knowing his corporation is actively hiding child molesters, telling people in AIDS infested areas not to use condoms... when I see Mike Pence... when I hear evangelicals declaring Trump was sent by god... when my tax dollars go to Israel...

... or simply just a matter of spreading truth.

Because it is unpleasant to encounter smart people who believe stupid things.

Because it is disturbing to see honest people who support such dishonesty.

Because it is wrong, in this land of freedom, to inflict one's superstitions on another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom