Why James Laurinaitis signed with NOLA (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Old School WhoDats remember when Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills left for other teams. :covri:

To Laurinaitis, the Saints' problems stemmed more from a combination of inexperience and communication breakdowns than talent. The Saints figured Laurinaitis — who has been the "quarterback" of the defense from his middle linebacker position throughout his career — could help address their recent defense weaknesses.

"Their vision for me was they really wanted someone to come in that had leadership and really had the football intelligence to help some of the young players," Laurinaitis said, adding that he has already been in touch with the coaching staff and some defensive teammates, and is eager to learn defensive coordinator Dennis Allen's system.

When a (talented) defensive player REDEDICATES himself to the game, great things can happen. Exhibit A's (besides Rickey & Sam Mills): Malcolm Jenkins and P-Rob.

Championship! :evilgrin:

:gosaints:

If anyone is interested, all the quotes in that article were pulled from his telephone interview with NOLA media, that you can listen to at the Saints' official website. FWIW.

I'm kind of excited to see what he can do. I knew his play has been lukewarm the last couple of years but he's been in Gregg Williams system those years..and he says he was injured last year. Could end up being be a great pickup.

I love the signing being here in missouri, but really hope this is more vilma, less dan Connor.

Anyone think Anthony will be upset not being MLB?

Just a guess of course, but I would think that he would enjoy the opportunity to have an accomplished middle linebacker make the calls for awhile while he just gets after the quarterback.

Be upset????

If he does we have a weak, weak man in Anthony.

I would surely imagine Anthony will BE THRILLED to be with a highly successful MLB making the calls, and Anthony plays without as much responsibility.

And having James L in every film meeting, training with SA, training camp drills and just hanging with JL can only be a positive.

Just watch the Rams D over the past 5 years, and then realize who makes the calls on the field and who is the leading tackler.

If Anthony was a MLB in college I would expect him to be "upset". Who likes to be replaced? Many were saying Anthony was the future , now few saying he shouldn't feel some type of way.

Yeah I didn't think the question deserved the ol red thumb. It could appear to some as a demotion. Less responsibility could be another way of saying he can't handle it

Why would Anthony be upset not playing MLB. People are putting way to much into this stuff. He is playing a couple of yards over at a position that actually suits him better and allows him to play faster. If you think Anthony would be upset you obviously don't know much about his character and his attitude being a great person and team player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom