Why?!!! Kornheiser back in MNF booth next season (1 Viewer)

Grrrrrrr.......

Tony Kron-Holer is the complete TOOL.

And while we are at it.... can we do away with the "sideline" reporters? I don't care about what kind of shampoo Tony Romo uses on game day or any other such non-sense. Hell, I get truely angry trying to see whats going on behind them during the actual game that I totally miss how many soup commercials Michael Strahan made with his mother.

Please stop the sideline-feel-good-story-telling during televised football. If you want that stuff, then dial up the Oprah show, the Oxygen channel, or the like.

/vent completed//

I personally thought Dennis Miller was terrific in the booth. I know not everybody "got it", but I appreciated the fact that he was not a member of the overbearing sports media elite. Kornholer, on the other hand, is a card-carrying ESPN shill.

Meh... I really just drown the commentators out at this point.

I just don't want to be watching and listening to some celebrity plug himself, while Drew and Reggie hook up on an 85 yd. TD, because some some artsy-fartsy non-football director is having star-luv, in hopes of directing movies some day.

And yes, I know I'll see the replay if they deem it important enough to replay the play, but if I wanted that, I'd save myself several near heart-attacks/game, by TIVOing the game and watching after reading the box score.

Yeah, I didn't get to see them, but M&M were doing some AFL games, as much as I like them in the morning, I could see them doing MNF. :)

Mike and Mike did the first game of a double header to open the MNF season last year and were pretty good. I really like Mike Tirico in the booth and Kornheiser is tolerable.

I would love to see Colin Cowherd and Steven A Smith in the booth. People who call it like they see it.

Steven A. Smith is a total basketball, know it all, dip stick. No humor whatsoever. I like Tony K, the problem is one must have a little intellect to appreciate TKs silliness. He is quick witted. Jaws would be a QB analytical nightmare.

Last edited:
If they wanted to stay with a bit of comedy I was hoping they would replace Kornheiser with Van Pelt.

Steven A. Smith is a total dip stick. No humor whatsoever. I like Tony K, the problem is one must have a little intellect to appreciate TKs sillyness. He is quick witted. Jaws would be a QB analytical nightmare.

I agree with the Stephen A. Smith comment, but what about Kornheiser screams "intellect"? The 50 million times he plugs "Dancing with the Stars" or his swooning over celebrities at the game?

I like Kornheiser myself,but I think Golic would be even a better fit.Golic is entertaining but knows more about football.Stephen A. Smith is a ******* who specializes in basketball,having him on MNF is the worst idea I've ever heard... ever.

I agree with the Stephen A. Smith comment, but what about Kornheiser screams "intellect"? The 50 million times he plugs "Dancing with the Stars" or his swooning over celebrities at the game?

TK is a smart man, he just looks dufus. He'd sit traps for Norman Einstein to fall in all the time while Joe unknowingly obliged. Oh yeah, TK screams intellect.

And while we are at it.... can we do away with the "sideline" reporters? I don't care about what kind of shampoo Tony Romo uses on game day or any other such non-sense. Hell, I get truely angry trying to see whats going on behind them during the actual game that I totally miss how many soup commercials Michael Strahan made with his mother.

Please stop the sideline-feel-good-story-telling during televised football. If you want that stuff, then dial up the Oprah show, the Oxygen channel, or the like.

/vent completed//

I agree, but only sort of. I think it should be some sort of law that if you're going to have sideline reporters, they have to be ridiculously hot. If I'm hearing some sap story, at least give me some eye candy to back it up. And if they're not hot, at least make them interview Joe Namath for the unintentional comedy factor.

what espn needs to do is bring back "Jacked up" because thats what basically everyone liked to watch besides the wussies that think football is a kiddy sport

Kornheiser is a Howard Cosell-type -- he doesn't hold back. It can be irritating at times and I can remember times I've spent yelling at the TV and Kornheiser (I'm trying to remember what exactly for, but I know I freaked out at him during a Saints game last year because of some fact he wouldn't let go of ... like the city eventually not being able to maintain the team or something like that).

But all in all, sometimes its fun yelling at the guy on TV. Many of us did with Cosell, who I always respected. Kornheiser is no Cosell, but I'd much rather yell at him than Joe Theismann.

Kornheiser is a Howard Cosell-type -- he doesn't hold back. It can be irritating at times and I can remember times I've spent yelling at the TV and Kornheiser (I'm trying to remember what exactly for, but I know I freaked out at him during a Saints game last year because of some fact he wouldn't let go of ... like the city eventually not being able to maintain the team or something like that).

But all in all, sometimes its fun yelling at the guy on TV. Many of us did with Cosell, who I always respected. Kornheiser is no Cosell, but I'd much rather yell at him than Joe Theismann.

Trust me, Korny is no Cosell... I met Cosell (and Da Danderoo Don Meredith) back in Tulane Stadium when the Saints played KC.

But ESPN isn't even giving us George Peppard, Mr. T and the A-Team, we're getting Korny, Joe T. and da B-Team. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom