Why?!!! Kornheiser back in MNF booth next season (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
No end in sight for NFL, cable TV stalemate - 04/04/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

The Dennis Miller experiment was a bad idea. But it still wasn't as bad as the awful, unfunny and waste-of-hot-air musings of Kornheiser. I'll say this until I'm blue in the face. If I wanted to hear a guy who knows nothing about football try to be funny while a football game is going on, I'm sure I can find someone at a local bar or bowling alley. Why can't we just have X's and O's guys on? Isn't that what we all want?

Once again, ESPN, in attempt to boost its ratings (to get even non-football fans to watch their telecast) unfurls a parade of TV stars and former athletes and the game is just background. The fact is, it doesn't work. If people don't wanna watch football, they're not gonna watch. Period. Please tell me why I'm wrong.

And no I'm not THAT upset about this. I'm just trying to help myself get through these next few weeks of boredom.

It Could Be Worse, You Could Have Dennis Miller On Mnf, actually I would prefer Korn... cause he has been around the sport for quite some time and can give some insight to the game. At the same time he would ask Theismann, when he was there, dumb questions about the sport, but i think he some of the motives to the question that any sports fan would know was simply to break up time between plays and etc.

better Kornheiser then someone like drew carey or some BS.

It Could Be Worse, You Could Have Dennis Miller On Mnf.

Well, in my post I wrote that Miller was better than Kornheiser because he was actually funny. Tell me one thing Kornholio offers to the broadcast.

Ah I really don't care so much. He's a color commentator, he isn't there to provide X's and O's. Good to hear they will cut down on celeb junk though. You can talk football without talking about pulling guards, but I don't want to listen to an interview with Russell Crowe during MNF.

Ah I really don't care so much. He's a color commentator, he isn't there to provide X's and O's. Good to hear they will cut down on celeb junk though. You can talk football without talking about pulling guards, but I don't want to listen to an interview with Russell Crowe during MNF.

But wouldn't Jaws with Hodge or Golic be much, much better? Is it too much to ask? I guess so.

Well, in my post I wrote that Miller was better than Kornheiser because he was actually funny. Tell me one thing Kornholio offers to the broadcast.

Korn is a well known sports writer in the washington area. He has been writing well over 20 years and is a credible source of sports knowledge. I promise u just because he comes off like a dunce on MNF is far off base. I noticed u wrote that that about miller, but it was after i started typing. I rather have a person that knows about the sports vs. comedy relief. It is a reason why they select Korn over alot of other people who could have done the job. Regardless, i really could care less who they put in the booth i don't watch MNF for guys jaw-jacking.

I'm not a fan of Korn(y), but I can deal... It doesn't kill the game for me so far. Not like the NFL Network crew was. I think they need to permanently change that crew...

At least they haven't put Skip Bayless up there... i would quit watching period...

Dennis Miller was the worst thing that ever happened to MNF. At least Kornheiser is in sports media. He's not my favorite but it won't stop me from watching. Tirico's superb play-by-play calls make up for Tony's ineptitude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom