Humor Why Matthew Stafford won't be the next Saints quarterback (1 Viewer)

Stafford hasn't done much winning either. Twelve seasons no playoff wins...oh and also sacked alot

If Tom Brady were on the Lions this year with their 32nd ranked defense and pitiful offensive line do you think they'd be in the Super Bowl?

I agree with him, too. Stafford has had plenty of time to rise above all of the things going against him. He couldn't get a playoff win with how many coaches, hall of fame WRs, offensive coordinators?

thatā€™s fine. But, can you do me a favor though? šŸ˜¬

can you name off all of the hall of fame WRs and good head coaches that are currently head coaches that he all played with?

Brady and Belichick barely missed the playoffs during a near two decade stretch. Brady leaves, goes to a team who hadn't made the playoffs in over a decade. Belichick misses the playoffs for the first time in forever, and Tampa Bay not only makes the playoffs, but gets to the Super Bowl. Point is, if Stafford were anywhere close to a suitable replacement for Brees, he would have overcome these things at least once if not a couple of times to make a deep playoff run. As for HOF WRs, none currently, but I can't see Calvin Johnson not getting in.

There will be many QBs available as well as draft prospects. Maybe we will stick with Winston. He's young and could be around a really long time.

thatā€™s fine. But, can you do me a favor though? šŸ˜¬

can you name off all of the hall of fame WRs and good head coaches that are currently head coaches that he all played with?
Megatron is the only HOF anything Stafford had going for him since getting drafted and then he retired early rather than keep abusing his body for an organization that was too inept to put together a winning team. It's almost like they figured, "Well, we've got a good QB, he should just get us double digit wins every year on his own and the rest will work itself out."

Detroit looked like they were changing their ways when they drafted Stafford but never actually made any solid organization building/sustaining moves to help Stafford on offense or put together a competent defense.

Megatron is the only HOF anything Stafford had going for him since getting drafted and then he retired early rather than keep abusing his body for an organization that was too inept to put together a winning team. It's almost like they figured, "Well, we've got a good QB, he should just get us double digit wins every year on his own and the rest will work itself out."

Detroit looked like they were changing their ways when they drafted Stafford but never actually made any solid organization building/sustaining moves to help Stafford on offense or put together a competent defense.

That's my exact point in the post lol...He hasn't had any sustained moves under his belt to put together an offense.

Brady and Belichick barely missed the playoffs during a near two decade stretch. Brady leaves, goes to a team who hadn't made the playoffs in over a decade. Belichick misses the playoffs for the first time in forever, and Tampa Bay not only makes the playoffs, but gets to the Super Bowl. Point is, if Stafford were anywhere close to a suitable replacement for Brees, he would have overcome these things at least once if not a couple of times to make a deep playoff run. As for HOF WRs, none currently, but I can't see Calvin Johnson not getting in.
Brady went to a Bucs team that torched our defense with their stud wide receivers and tight ends for years. Then they signed Gonk's corpse and AB to go all in for Brady. Detroit has NEVER done anything to help Stafford - so much so that Megatron retired early. They were a mediocre team with a really good QB, where they'd have been a downright pathetic team with someone not as good as Stafford.

Also, the Bucs certainly were gifted a guaranteed trip to the SB with that awful PI call to seal the win for them when the refs hadn't been throwing flags for receivers getting mugged all game long. Doesn't change the fact that Belichick really must've taken a blow to the ego this year when he learned that he cannot make a winner out of any/everyone. Cam Newton is done.

Im just glad that the NFL has a great deal of current and incoming QB talent, that there are options at QB. Ten years ago if the Saints were to have been in this position of legendary QB retiring after a 12-4 year there probably wouldnt have been any suitable options.

At least now the Saints should land a QB (if they move from Taysom) that'll keep them in the playoff hunt and prevent a free fall from happening.

Stafford hasn't done much winning either. Twelve seasons no playoff wins...oh and also sacked alot
I hear you but if you interview 32 head coaches and ask who the better quarterback is it would be unanimous. Stafford has had multiple 5000 yard passing seasons. Meanwhile Jameis Winston doesnā€™t even get to his third read. And I doubt he can digest all of Sean Paytonā€˜s playbook. Obviously I hope Iā€™m wrong. If we decide to go with Winston I will cheer him on and I hope Iā€™m pleasantly surprised. But my gut tells me it will be a disaster of an experiment to head into the season with him as the starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom