Why Mel Brooks is a pure Genuis and a great man (1 Viewer)

that and he bagged Anne Bancroft :1luvu:

I haven't gotten a chance to see the play of The Producers or the new movie, but the original movie is a classic. I think I read somewhere that he's made more money off of the the resurrection of The Producers than all of his other things combined.

Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson!

I'll also add that he gave David Lynch his big break, for which anybody who's seen Naomi Watts and Laura Elena Harring in Mulholland Drive should be eternally grateful.

Mel Brooks is great. His movies are some of the funniest that I have ever seen. Ever. Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs. The list could go on, without a doubt some of the most quotable movies of all time.
"Whats the matter Colonel Sandurz?...Chicken?"

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

:_rofl: :_rofl: :_rofl:

What a great movie. Between Mel Brooks' movies and the whole Monty Python series/movies, we could swap quotes for weeks!

"So Lonestar, I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!"

Brooks is brilliant. Unfortunately his recent film work is not even as close to as good as his older work.
Right around "Robin Hood Men in Tights" he should have hung it up.

You could not make Blazing Saddles today. It amazes me that Disney retires Song of the South and Blazing Saddles just got released on Blu-Ray.

...and he bagged Anne Bancroft :1luvu:

this ^^

And he also had some big help on his first effort.

producers484.jpeg

Easily a Top Ten All-Time­™ comedy performance.

You could not make Blazing Saddles today. It amazes me that Disney retires Song of the South and Blazing Saddles just got released on Blu-Ray.
"Where's all yer white women?"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jGQ-ISsDm8M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jGQ-ISsDm8M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Of course, he also gave us Dracula, Dead and Loving It.....

Yes Brooks is a genius. His role on that Scottish pig animated kids show (where he plays a yiddish sheep) is even awesome.....

When I opened this thread, I (for whatever reason) was thinking the title said "Mel Gibson is a pure Genius and a great man".

Then, when I began reading about the holocaust and racism in American I continued to believe it was about Mel Gibson. Then I read about the great movies about these subjects he had produced and spent all of 3 seconds trying to figure out what movies you were talking about before realizing it actually said Mel Brooks.

That said, I agree with the title of this thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom