Why no props to the Oline? (1 Viewer)

Raptordawg

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Everybody is praising the runningbacks, but the common denominator to me is the run blocking of our Oline. Our guards (Nicks and Evans) are beasts.

Yep, even though they had constant pressure up the middle all day they did a good job opening holes for the backs and kept Brees on his feet.

Left tackle was a gaping wound in pass protection. Looked great blocking downhill though

Bushrod and Stinch really struggled in pass protection IMO. Enormous running lanes in the 4th quarter though.

Props to the line, and Heath Evans, nice block to spring PT for that long td, which really kind of sealed the game for us.

Run blocking they did a good job

The run blocking was solid, especially in the second half with PT's fresh legs... But our O was getting man handled in pass protection almost the entire first half.

Kudos, nonetheless to the Saints - Finally, a complete team!!!

IMO, it looked like after Bushrod went out, the O line really struggled in pass pro. We were short at TE, and Strief was being used as one. When he had to go in at LT, we got beat on both edges.

For the 100th time, Ive been waiting on an O line that could beat somebody down in the run game. I said i didn't care WHO ran the ball, we need to dominate on the O line!!!

Ive said all this year that Nicks and Jahri are the two best pair of young guards in the NFL!

Looking Good!!!

A missing piece to the championship puzzle is being found!

Stay tuned.

Regarding our problems in pass protection, you can put some of that on Hamilton. he missed at leats 4-5 blocks on blitz...it's probably why he didn't see the field in the second half

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom