Why not bring in Lovie Smith as DC? (1 Viewer)

1. He's a 4-3 guy
2. He's not interested in being a coordinator
3. He'd be gone in 1 or 2 seasons for a head coaching job and the Saints would be right back to this point...looking for a defensive coordinator.

Sorry, but no matter what 2 ways you look at it, the fact still remains. Lovie Smith is a better Defensive Coach than Rob Ryan or any other candidate that has been mentioned. Prove me wrong. Also prove to me that Lovie is going to sit out all year. Also prove to me that we are definitely switching to a 3-4.

I know one thing is certain. Payton wants a change on defense. He has shown that he is willing to switch to a 3-4 defense. Lovie Smith runs a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense. If Payton is willing to make changes, then why not consider making a change to the Tampa 2? Sorry if this is all off base.. I just always like to think outside the box, and in the NFL I don't believe anything until I see it with my eyes. Lovie will coach somewhere this year. He is just playing the game. Negotiating. Somebody will pay Lovie what he wants. That's what its about. Its about money.

Prove to you?? Seriously? Straight from the mouth of Payton in his press conference when he returned isn't good enough for you? Feel entitled much?

Lmao :hihi: I love you guys. Point taken and proven. Good debate. End thread. Y'all won. He's still a good defensive coach though. But I understand better now. So thank you and don't hate me :ezbill:

jags.gif

OMG, how many more of these threads before people get the freakin picture?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom