Why not draft OT, G, C, or TE what about a RB and WR with the 10 pick? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I understand that most on here still think our "D" needs upgrading and I agree some what as well. However this "O" is not perfect there are a few things it needs. Mostly a TE that can do multiple things and that would be block and catch...(Shock--e, I agree he is good when a team caters to his ego dont think the Saints will pull the trigger for him)

We need a big powerhouse RB if we get into an injury year at rb again. Pierre is not the answer at this cause he is my size and that's not big people. Need a back in the 230 range and move Pierre in to Bushs spot.

WR- Do I need to say more? They don't scare anyone really...but I know we have Meachem and need to see what he can do if anything at all. If Colston, Meachem(if he turns out to be good),Henderson and for fun a TE like Shock--E then yes it would scare a few teams.

The line needs a little work..Nesbit, is 31 and Goodwin is 29 and will be 32 after the contract. Stinchcomb is 28 you can say they are all seasoned vets however they are a little old. Not all these guys are Roaf and can play on a line till they are 60...haha just kidding Willie.

its the #10 pick in the first round....there are 6 more rounds to go...we can get those guys later on...but that 10th pick has to go defense....if we went offense with the 10th pick...it be a luxery pick...we have no opening position on offense, besides the positions on this forum people dont want a certain player playing anymore...but that doesnt make it an opening now does it...there are still improvements that need to be made on defense and offense that this FO knows it can fill in the draft...and there are some position and players on this team the FO knows it can get away with for atleast one more year, whether its because of contracts or availablity of players to fill that position(s)

Yes. If the Saints can score 50 points each week, they may win 9 games.

its the #10 pick in the first round....there are 6 more rounds to go...we can get those guys later on...but that 10th pick has to go defense....if we went offense with the 10th pick...it be a luxery pick...we have no opening position on offense, besides the positions on this forum people dont want a certain player playing anymore...but that doesnt make it an opening now does it...there are still improvements that need to be made on defense and offense that this FO knows it can fill in the draft...and there are some position and players on this team the FO knows it can get away with for atleast one more year, whether its because of contracts or availablity of players to fill that position(s)

How can you say that there are no openings on offense but there are openings on defense??? They obviously are trying very desperately to get Jeremy Shockey here. You don't think this team will move down in the first round a select a Fred Davis if they really have their mind set on a TE??? They obviously have inquired about Michael Turner, so you have to think that RB is an opening as well.

I'd say it's becoming increasingly likely that this team will go offense early in the draft. They made their LB trade (Vilma) and are looking to address CB with Gay and Glenn. They signed Orien Harris at DT. This is their "aggressive free agency period." I'm sure the front office feels they are addressing defense adequately.

I think the people saying we are going to fill all of the defensive holes in the draft are going to be just as disappointed as the fans that thought we were going to fill all of the holes in free agency.

Yes. If the Saints can score 50 points each week, they may win 9 games.

No the object is not to score 50 each week. The object is to win no matter how it is done. This "O" needs to put up point's and then hold on to the ball with 9 min drives. They did it 2 years ago and now they need to do it again. Right now there are 2 many 3 and out's for them and that needs to be fixed with people catching, people blocking,and running the ball.

I understand that most on here still think our "D" needs upgrading and I agree some what as well. However this "O" is not perfect there are a few things it needs. Mostly a TE that can do multiple things and that would be block and catch...(Shock--e, I agree he is good when a team caters to his ego dont think the Saints will pull the trigger for him)

We need a big powerhouse RB if we get into an injury year at rb again. Pierre is not the answer at this cause he is my size and that's not big people. Need a back in the 230 range and move Pierre in to Bushs spot.

WR- Do I need to say more? They don't scare anyone really...but I know we have Meachem and need to see what he can do if anything at all. If Colston, Meachem(if he turns out to be good),Henderson and for fun a TE like Shock--E then yes it would scare a few teams.

The line needs a little work..Nesbit, is 31 and Goodwin is 29 and will be 32 after the contract. Stinchcomb is 28 you can say they are all seasoned vets however they are a little old. Not all these guys are Roaf and can play on a line till they are 60...haha just kidding Willie.

good morning, Coach Payton. i didnt know u were on Saintsreport..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom