Why not? Mike Thomas, MVP. (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there, in consideration of the year he is having, thus far.

If you think about how he continued to ball, even without Drew when Teddy was the QB, I think he should be considered in the discussion. I have not heard his name mentioned one bit, in any of the national shows. We hear about CMc though and he is on a team that will struggle to make the playoffs! Just saying.

I think Thomas makes QB's better and not the other way around.

If it hadn't turned into a QB only award, he'd definitely be in the discussion. He's on pace to break Marvin Harrison's record for most receptions in a season. First player with more than 90 catches through 10 games in NFL history.

He need to break Johnson record, Lewis record, and 11+ TDs to get a shot

If it hadn't turned into a QB only award, he'd definitely be in the discussion. He's on pace to break Marvin Harrison's record for most receptions in a season. First player with more than 90 catches through 10 games in NFL history.
I never checked. But did Harrison, get MVP the year he set the record? I need to look. He did not.

Lamar Jackson is why not, lol.

But seriously, he’s easily the most valuable non-QB.

Just throwing this out there, in consideration of the year he is having, thus far.

If you think about how he continued to ball, even without Drew when Teddy was the QB, I think he should be considered in the discussion. I have not heard his name mentioned one bit, in any of the national shows. We hear about CMc though and he is on a team that will struggle to make the playoffs! Just saying.

I think this is the one year that a WR could win that award. He is on a pace to shatter every record a Receiver has had, this early in his career, and for a season as a Receiver. And, he's doing it without any help at the other WR position. Phenomenal.

He won't have enough TDs to even be considered.

Gonna be hard to beat out Lamar Jackson. That dude is unstoppable but so is MT. However, the MVP should be renamed to the best QB award because that's who usually gets it.

It’s the QB award.

Just like the Heisman.

If it was truly the Most Valuable Player....somewhere along the way an OL would have won it.....and a DT.....but it’s a QB award with an occasional RB tossed in.

How’s this for proof.....

The last time a non QB/RB won the award was 1986.....Lawrence Taylor.

Here are the other non QB/RB winners.

1982 Mark Mosely K (wha??????????)

1971 Alan Page DT

That’s it. And the award started in 1961.

So, basically, there has NEVER been a WR winner, not in the 58 years of issuing the award.

Not Jerry Rice, not Randy Moss, not Marvin Harrison, not any WR ever.

Last edited:
He’d have to have at least 20 total TD’s to even be considered.

Pretty simple, because he’s not a QB...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom