Why not move Carl Nicks to tackle and Nesbit to guard? (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't Nicks play tackle in college? The guy is a very good blocker and I'd feel more comfortable having him protect Drews back than some guy off the street.

Reaction score
Interesting point, but Bushrod will most likely be playing this weekend If not, then it's possible i guess

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Strief is the 3rd string left tackle behind Bushrod. If he can't go it's Strief.

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Didn't Nicks play tackle in college? The guy is a very good blocker and I'd feel more comfortable having him protect Drews back than some guy off the street.

That may be a possibility before they hire a guy off the streets to play LT. Nicks played some LT in, IIRC, the first PS game, but Idont recall much being said about his performance. If the coaches feel he did a good enough job and Strief couldnt go, I agree I would rather see Nicks play than a guy off the streets.

GoldRush26

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I don't see how Nicks could be counted on to be an effective tackle having never played the position at the NFL level. Guards are primarily blocking DTs. Tackles are primarily blocking DEs. I think that's a huge difference in what's needed to excel at the position.

JCB

Breesus of Nazereth
Reaction score
I don't think that would happen this year, Nicks would probably need a training camp to even get to Bushrod's level. He was a DT his 1st 2 years in college, so he would definatly need time to transistion. But from a talent stand point, I think he's the most physically talent OL that we have.

Archie_4_HOF

Northshore Who Dat
Reaction score
You may actually have a better shot of seeing Nesbit play OT. I believe he has played the position in the NFL at points during his stint in Carolina. You will rarely see a team make multipe changes to multiple oline positions unless they are forced to. If they can keep 4 out of 5 stable then they will attempt to do that. You don't want to disrupt other line positions to put a bandaid on one opportunity while creating another.

GoldRush26

SR is my life!
Reaction score
You may actually have a better shot of seeing Nesbit play OT. I believe he has played the position in the NFL at points during his stint in Carolina. You will rarely see a team make multipe changes to multiple oline positions unless they are forced to. If they can keep 4 out of 5 stable then they will attempt to do that. You don't want to disrupt other line positions to put a bandaid on one opportunity while creating another.

Right. O-line relies on chemistry more than any other unit.

waazup

Marques Colston's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Why does it seem like everyone is writing off Bushrod? I doubt he misses significant time.

number1saints

World Champs...DATS WHO
Reaction score
if bushrod was seriously injured last sunday, and then strief got hurt, thats probably what we would have seen

DangBeast

Very Banned
Reaction score
Why change ANYTHING!? How many times did Brees get sacked Sunday? Stop trying to change the team up through these boards. Our coaches know alot more than you think, otherwise they'd be on here posting crazy comments like us!

MVCrook

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nicks is a beast....at guard. Leave him there and let him continue to maul people. I kinda keyed in on him when I rewatched the game...holy crap!!

lavered

Pro-Bowler
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I say lets just keep Nicks where he is. I like that we have strong interior O-line. It's needed the way Drew steps up the pocket. Let the OT's run the DE's behind Drew, but keep that very good and integral interior O-Line together as much as possible.

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nicks is too slow to be a LT is the NFL. The faster DEs would run right by him and sack the QB. Sure he would win battles when they ran the ball to his side but the QB would be on his back side all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom