Why on earth is the saints media still asking Jameis about that throw he made in the back on the endzone for a TD to Marquez Callaway in the Pats game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
almost 2 weeks later( video below is timestamped)..

edit nevermind( just start the video at 2:38 mark)

Also why didnt the saints media ask jameis winston his thoughts about coming off the field and watching taysom throw an interception after just completing a long td pass to stills that was called back due to holding

I agree they should let it go, but the answer to your question probably isn’t what you’re thinking it is.

I loved the TD, and wish they’d quit letting Taysom throw his rainbows, but the answer still probably isn’t what you’re thinking it is.

probably isn’t what you’re thinking it is.
Agreed.

I'll say it though.

Because the focus on Jameis being successful here is playing under control so that he limits his turnovers. Taking a wild risk like he did, regardless of the outcome, goes against that philosophy.

That's why Payton gave him the evil stink eye when Jameis ran to the sideline and it's why the media keeps asking the question.

almost 2 weeks later( video below is timestamped)..

edit nevermind( just start the video at 2:38 mark)

Also why didnt the saints media ask jameis winston his thoughts about coming off the field and watching taysom throw an interception after just completing a long td pass to stills that was called back due to holding
The next time you talk to Winston, please remind him he's the starting QB and to focus on his play and block out all this other stuff. It's the best thing you could do for him.

Agreed.

I'll say it though.

Because the focus on Jameis being successful here is playing under control so that he limits his turnovers. Taking a wild risk like he did, regardless of the outcome, goes against that philosophy.

That's why Payton gave him the evil stink eye when Jameis ran to the sideline and it's why the media keeps asking the question.
Agree. Good points.
I’m pulling for him to be our guy for the next ten years, wishing him all the best.

Agree. Good points.
I’m pulling for him to be our guy for the next ten years, wishing him all the best.
Same here.

He's won me over with how he's approached being part of and a leader of the team. I love that he's also kept his sense of humor and his individuality while he's done that.

I also think it's fair for coaches and the media to harp on him when he leans back into bad habits.

Agreed.

I'll say it though.

You put it more eloquently and succinctly than I did, but that's what I was trying to get across to people in a discussion or two about Jameis and Payton's decision to use Taysom down inside the 10-yard line.

Same here.

He's won me over with how he's approached being part of and a leader of the team. I love that he's also kept his sense of humor and his individuality while he's done that.

I also think it's fair for coaches and the media to harp on him when he leans back into bad habits.
Me too. I wasn’t a fan of Jameis as a Buc but he’s won me over too. I like him and hope he can be the guy. He’s got the tools, and the want to.

Some members of the Saints media have a tendency to ask the same questions over and over again.

The next time you talk to Winston, please remind him he's the starting QB and to focus on his play and block out all this other stuff. It's the best thing you could do for him.
And a word of caution: When you give him his foot massage, know that they do mean something. A colleague of mine says a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm saying it does. Now look, I've given a million ladies and NFL quarterbacks a million foot massages, and they all meant something.

- Vincent Vega

Maybe because instead of acknowledging that he made a bone headed throw that ended up working out, he gave credit to “god” as an excuse?
Unfair. He said he was trying to throw the ball away (not that it wasn’t boneheaded at that point) and that the TD was “God” or basically pure luck. In a sense he was admitting it was boneheaded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom