Why Rob Ryan just may be the right guy (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Ever since Rob Ryan left Belichick's staff in 03, he has really taken some terrible jobs. Part of being a successful coach is being careful about your movements, always putting yourself in positions where you at least have an opportunity for success. He leaves the Pats and goes to the Raiders under Norv Turner, Art Shell , and last , but not least , Lane Kiffin . Can you imagine what that must of felt like ? After coaching under Belichick to coach under Kiffin ! Then he goes to Cleveland in what appears to be a good situation with Mangini , ex- Belichick disciple , as head coach. After one year , Holmgren comes in as GM. All of a sudden you know that the time limit on your rebuilding project just got alot shorter. The following year, Mike brings in his own guys. Now he goes to Dallas, who fired Wade in midseason the year before , and elevated young and inexperienced Jason Garrett as head coach. That was a volatile situation to begin with. There are many people that feel the wrong person was let go.As a coach , he's hungry to prove himself. I like that. As a DC he has never been in a stable situation like the one we have here with Benson, Loomis and Payton. I hope he gets it. I think he deserves a shot with a good organization that actually has an offense .
:9:

He might suck, he might not. Either way I'm very happy to switch to 3-4. It's GOTTA be a better fit for our players.

If Ryan is hired, I think it will provide the best situation. He will light a fire under our guys, which they can't seem to play without. I think Sean can keep him in check with regards to the media.

Ryan knows with our prolific offense he doesn't need to be a top 5 defense. He just needs to be aggressive and force turnovers (hope our players catch them). Overall, I think a large part of playing defense in the NFL is confidence and swagger. Which I think that Ryan can bring back to our players.

I'm running late.... I just found out that Frisco block us from talking to Ed! Haters gonna hate! We are still going to be in New York Next Year!!!! Who Dat!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom