Why Saints Fans Don't Make Player Decisions (1 Viewer)

"I can't believe we signed Brees. He's got a hurt shoulder and all. We should've waited to draft Matt Leinart."

Yeah, that was me back in '06. I don't mind being wrong on that one.

Keep Meachem? He showed up out of condition and sat out the first year with injuries and can't read the playbook and his second year he dropped as many balls as he caught, which weren't many...
Trade Henderson - if anyone wants him. He drops half the balls thrown to him, he doesn't go across the middle and in three years what has he done? And he wants a four year contract? Is he crazy?...
Bushrod will never be a starter in this league. He got lucky against Mario Williams but opposing DE's like Trent Cole will eat his lunch...
Thomas Morstead, a 5th round pick? When we desperately need another LB and DT!
Mike Bell?He fumbles and isn't a 20-25 carry/game back.
We wasted a second and a fifth round pick for a trouble-maker from New York, who's proven to be a cancer in the locker room. Trade him or swallow our losses. We're o.k. with Billy Miller.
Why didn't we draft Chris Wells when we had the chance? Malcolm Jenkins may be a sure tackler, but he's too slow to keep up with tall, fast WRs.
Carl Nicks? Another trouble-maker who has a character issue.
Jon Stinchcomb? For two seasons now, he's been injured. We just can't afford an RT who isn't healthy enough to play part-time, let alone throughout the season.
Wasn't Darren Sharper's INT production down to 1 last year and that , plus his age, 33, a reason not to sign him? Don't we have enough of a problem at safety?
Let's face it. Loomis and Payton just can't draft and target really good players, the way that Dallas and Detroit and Oakland and Carolina have done!

you forgot the trade reggie bush cause he's a bust...

I read every one of those and I actually supported every one(except picking Meachem, I wanted Branch, who was actually a huge bust). Once we had Meach, I was a supporter and believer of course.

I could totally run the front office.

Given that, my next move would be to stop trying to piddle paddle around and straight up run Denver's zone run blocking scheme. Bell is a great one cut guy and I think Reggie/Pierre would do well with the system also.

After that...I'd probably sit Charles Grant until the bye to let his calf heal up or whatever it is. Hargrove and Mccray arn't every down guys, but they're both playmakers. I'd get them in there a little more.

Other than that.....I like our direction. Carry on Saints. Feel free to take this advice free of charge.

Touche. I think I was on the wrong end of some of those. I was one calling for Devery to be traded. I stand corrected.

I know my place,Im just a fan,on Sunday I root for the Saints!job done!win or lose,If they wear black and gold,they are my friend!sorry duece,joe horn,roaf and so many that left the Saints!

Keep Meachem? He showed up out of condition and sat out the first year with injuries and can't read the playbook and his second year he dropped as many balls as he caught, which weren't many...
Trade Henderson - if anyone wants him. He drops half the balls thrown to him, he doesn't go across the middle and in three years what has he done? And he wants a four year contract? Is he crazy?...
Bushrod will never be a starter in this league. He got lucky against Mario Williams but opposing DE's like Trent Cole will eat his lunch...
Thomas Morstead, a 5th round pick? When we desperately need another LB and DT!
Mike Bell?He fumbles and isn't a 20-25 carry/game back.
We wasted a second and a fifth round pick for a trouble-maker from New York, who's proven to be a cancer in the locker room. Trade him or swallow our losses. We're o.k. with Billy Miller.
Why didn't we draft Chris Wells when we had the chance? Malcolm Jenkins may be a sure tackler, but he's too slow to keep up with tall, fast WRs.
Carl Nicks? Another trouble-maker who has a character issue.
Jon Stinchcomb? For two seasons now, he's been injured. We just can't afford an RT who isn't healthy enough to play part-time, let alone throughout the season.
Wasn't Darren Sharper's INT production down to 1 last year and that , plus his age, 33, a reason not to sign him? Don't we have enough of a problem at safety?
Let's face it. Loomis and Payton just can't draft and target really good players, the way that Dallas and Detroit and Oakland and Carolina have done!
So True and watch all the Bush Bashers! <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://gotsaints.com/?tracker=4276"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://gotsaints.com/?tracker=4276" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Even though Devery has dropped many balls in the past I believe his speed and threat of going deep has dictated alot of defensive schemes . It limits what they can do on that side of the field . As a DC would you bring the house and leave Devery out there with no safety over the top help ? Just like with Reggie going in motion and you see all eyes on him . I think all our weapons help this offense as a whole just by limiting what defenses can dial up .

On the other hand, I remember that Mike Ditka(when he coached here) admitted he didn't understand free agency and said"There isn't anyone out there better than our guys" - then we went 3-13...

That is the definition of Epic Fail.

Thanks for all your comments. Most were right on.I especially agree with Cannon's comment about not realizing the value of guys like Henderson and Bush by changing a D to account for them whenever they're in the game. It's just when we run Bush into the center of the line that's frustrating, even tho he will break off a good run once in a while.
We have to also remember, fans have short memories.

I know my place,Im just a fan,on Sunday I root for the Saints!job done!win or lose,If they wear black and gold,they are my friend!sorry deuce,joe horn,roaf and so many that left the Saints!

I think that pretty much covers it.

We have to also remember, fans have short memories.

And a lot of fans, in an even more magnified way than 'normal people', notice bad, negative, or at least 'not positive' things that happen way before they'll acknowledge the opposite side of the coin.

Just as an example (this is not in any way an accurate representation, but..)..

Let's say Henderson catches 3 balls in a game, 1 short and 2 longs, but gets no touchdowns. In the same game, he drops 2 that could've had the 'potential' to be TDs.

What will these forums be talking about re: Devery Henderson the following day?

Sometimes it's really sad to see it happen, but that's just the way some people are. *shrug*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom