Why Saints shouldn't pick Ohio State linebacker Laurinaitis (1 Viewer)

Looks like a typical LSU fan if you ask me.

Pretty funny though.

Last edited:
Poo Poo Broussard is a weasel.

This guy slaps weasels:

large_laurinaitis.jpg

091406osuwwe.jpg

NewOrleans-JamesLaurinaitis.jpg
<---------:worthy: :0093: :1luvu: :guitare:

if we have a chance at baby animal and dont take him, im gonna be ******!!!

I have watched numerous games and I specifically watch JL and I am more impressed with Dan Connor than Lauranitis. I just don't see what all the hype about him is.

Judging by that clip, I say his stock drops drastically. Just not physical enough, looks to be playing a little flat footed, with his pads to high. Didn;t real sho any toughness and unless you put him on his side and roll him I don't see his forty being anywhere under 12 seconds. I say we pass.....

PooPoo Broussard on the other hand. That guys is a beast I hope he makes it to pick 10 so we can snag him.

I have watched numerous games and I specifically watch JL and I am more impressed with Dan Connor than Lauranitis. I just don't see what all the hype about him is.

Yea, I'm with you. All I've seen of JL is him getting shoved around and lost. Athletically, he looks the part cause he can run, but he doesn't show any power and from what I've seen, I think LSU's going to send Hester right down the pipe until JL shows he can stop it. I think Rey's the cream of the MLB crop.

Most mock drafts have him going to the Pats so he probably won't be there for us anyway.

Most mock drafts have him going to the Pats so he probably won't be there for us anyway.

That should prove to be interesting seeing as how the Pats got burned with their last Ohio State linebacker. Andy Katzenmoyer ring a bell? Not saying that Lauranitis is like that but it seems to be that OSU linebackers are kinda like PSU running backs. Regarding A.J. Hawk and the Packers, the jury is stil out. He seems to be doing very well but Katzenmoyer was out after two years. I hope that JL makes an impact.

Last edited:
That should prove to be interesting seeing as how the Pats got burned with their last Ohio State linebacker. Andy Katzenmoyer ring a bell? Not saying that Lauranitis is like that but it seems to be that OSU linebackers are kinda like PSU running backs.

Katzenmoyer did have a neck injury in his first season and was never the same, he did start 11 games as a rookie an play well. Not sure that's a good example.

......but it seems to be that OSU linebackers are kinda like PSU running backs. Regarding A.J. Hawk and the Packers, the jury is still out. He seems to be doing very well but Katzenmoyer was out after two years.

Not trying to be excessively rough on you, but to borrow a phrase from another poster: "Watch more football".

Current OSU-bred linebackers in the NFL doing pretty darn well, thank you: A.J. Hawk (230 tackles, 5 sacks, and 3 picks in 2 seasons, and the jury is still out?) Matt Wilhelm (100 tackles for San Diego this season), and Mike Vrabel (enough said). You also have Na'il Diggs (over 500 tackles for a 4th round pick) Bobby Carpenter (jury is out but likely to be a solid starter) and Anthony Schlegel (rookie 4th round pick with 40 tackles as a reserve). Then you have the guys from yester-year: Chris Spielman, Pepper Johnson, Randy Gradishar, and Tom Cousineau. Andy Katzenmoyer sustained a neck injury that took him out of the game completely. He could have had an Urlacher-type career otherwise.

Larry Johnson (RB from PSU) might also take exception with your statement, as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom