Why Sean Payton will go to Taysom (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Since I've suggested that Hill may be the actual successor to Brees this coming year many stories have surfaced coming from everywhere that this may actually be the case.

I'm not going to speculate on what source is legitimate or false , but I do think theres a few facts and history lessons we can keep in perspective that help clarify the situation.

Many people bash Hill on being unproven as a full time starter , and doubt whether he can do what he does against starting lineups.

1. He already does do those special things against opposing teams number 1s.
2. It really doesn't matter if hes unproven or not. Payton sees Steve Young in him. That's enough of a reason.

Let us take a stroll down memory lane to when Payton was transitioning from Dallas. There he had drafted an unknown QB and even tried to sneak him into the Superdome. The guy turns out to be a perennial pro bowler and Regular Season monster even without Sean Paytons Prolific Offense.

That guy had no real snaps prior to Sean deciding that was his guy , he had no special abilities to compare to likes of Taysom Hill. He was a nobody and astounding nothing at that time. He goes on to be potential HOF'er Tony Romo.

I dont think it much matters how unproven Taysom Hill is , He is Paytons Golden Goose. He has said so himself.

Sean Is the kind of guy who will do unconventional things to show off his brilliance. It isn't about our confidence in Taysom hill nearly as much as it is about Sean Paytons confidence in himself that can make Taysom Hill a Great Quarterback.

Brees name was nowhere near Bradys or Mannings prior to Sean Payton. I know the guy is deadly accurate which helps , but how do we know for sure it's not Sean Payton making him this damn good ?

Bridgewater went 5-0 , backup Luke McCown nearly went into Carolina in the height of their run and nearly beat them.

Here's what I'm going to bet , that Ownership and Loomis feel that Sean Payton is the key. Hence the extension he just got.

If payton says the guy is the next Steve Young , then I believe him.

Hes certainly done more with less before.

This may well be the case, but to hear some of these "losing faith in Sean Payton" people speak, you'd think SP had just come off of two 3-13 seasons, rather than two 13-3 seasons. Some people have just gotten more spoiled than they realize.

This may well be the case, but to hear some of these "losing faith in Sean Payton" people speak, you'd think SP had just come off of two 3-13 seasons, rather than two 13-3 seasons. Some people have just gotten more spoiled than they realize.
Hes an Amazing Coach. He finds Talent at a rate that I feel only the Patriots could. As it stands today I like our roster more than theirs.

Well
I just don't see them moving to Taysom with how well he has played at other positions. He is too valuable as a blocker, runner, WR, ST, etc. Essentially you lose 3-4 players by moving him to a full time Qb.

Ah, so ee are basically telling him , we like you as a friend.

If another suitor comes along who feels he is more than that , we will flat out lose him altogether.

I’m not one of them but I get it. I think our offense doesn’t seem to work in the playoffs. And that’s what matters.

I just don't see them moving to Taysom with how well he has played at other positions. He is too valuable as a blocker, runner, WR, ST, etc. Essentially you lose 3-4 players by moving him to a full time Qb.

I wonder about that too.

If we are moving on from Drew this is the best offseason to do it. Like most on the board, I love Drew. I remember the days of the "Aints" and he has done a lot to lift this franchise, but with his age and the economics it's time to move on.

I believe Drew can play at an elite level for another year or 2, and I hope he does. Meanwhile, Taysom is learning, but his clock is ticking. Unlike Drew, he takes big hits, so he won't have a long enough career to be anything more than a backup / Jack.

Alternatively, if Drew retires, Teddy walks, and Taysom is given the reins in 2020, he can be a fair QB. All he lacks is more practice in the pocket and finding his progressions. In any event, the Saints will be an exciting team.

The cool thing would be for them to find another player like Taysom to develop. We know they are out there. Nobody ever said that the role Taysom plays can’t be filled by another athlete/QB. I, personally, don’t believe Hill is ever who he is today if Sean didn’t really want to see him succeed. That’s what is so great about the organization.

You can’t force Taysom to be a jack of all trades forever. If he wants to be a quarterback he can force the issue when he’s an unrestricted free agent next year.

Well

Ah, so ee are basically telling him , we like you as a friend.

If another suitor comes along who feels he is more than that , we will flat out lose him altogether.
I mean hes RFA so wont lose him all together but i dont think his value as a QB is worth losing him at the other positions. He was arguably our 2nd best red zone threat catching the ball, 2nd best blocking TE, and a huge part of what we do on ST

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom