Why the Eagles will prevail (1 Viewer)

Banned #1

Osker

Very Banned
Ratings
Sticky Post
The Saints are the better team, all “analysts” know it for sure, it’s going to be an easy game for NO.
Right, just like Chicago with their superior defense.

Tell the Eagles they have no chance, just the way we like it.

Hungry dogs run faster and the Eagles are starving.

saintfan1972

Full Time Fan
Ratings
I will admit the Eagles are better than last time. The Eagles scored 16 on the Bears. I will give you 20 on us on your best day. But we aren't the Bears offense. We will get more than 15. So not 48 to 7 but 34 to 20.

la. champ1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
The Saints are the better team, all “analysts” know it for sure, it’s going to be an easy game for NO.

And the Saints aren’t hungry? Eagles won the prize last year and our guys fell short of the prize after coming very close. Hungry enough to play the toughest schedule in the NFL and come out 13-3. I don’t but that garbage about how hungry the Eagles are and we aren’t for a second.

Moderator #22

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
People think the Saints are rusty and their best football is behind them? Good to know, because I remember that being a narrative one other year. Now what year was that, hmm? Oh, yeah, it was 2009.

Banned #23
OP
OP

Osker

Very Banned
Ratings
The loss in NO in November was the turning point for the Eagles and played epic games ever since. Running up the score to humiliate the reigning champs was the most stupid thing the Saints could do.

Peyton showed his players $200K to motivate the Saints, the Eagles don’t need motivation Peyton gave them all the motivation they need back in November when he decided to go for a touchdown on 4th down while already 30 points up in the 4th quarter.

Hungry dogs run faster.

Banned #25
OP
OP

Osker

Very Banned
Ratings
So you don’t really have anything to discuss then? Got it.

You should be excited and I’m glad you like your team and all, but this is a silly thread.
True.
There is no analysis supported by stats to support an Eagles win. Saints had a fantastic season, have besides Brady the best QB in the NFL, you have a perfect home play off record and killed the Eagles 2 months ago. Nobody would pick the Eagles tomorrow.....
However other things than records and stats count in games like this.
The Eagles are playing 5 play off games in a row and are playing their best football of the year. Saints had their peak earlier.
Dome is loud and hostile but there will be a healthy % Eagles fans.

In games like this not always the best team wins.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
True.
There is no analysis supported by stats to support an Eagles win. Saints had a fantastic season, have besides Brady the best QB in the NFL, you have a perfect home play off record and killed the Eagles 2 months ago. Nobody would pick the Eagles tomorrow.....
However other things than records and stats count in games like this.
The Eagles are playing 5 play off games in a row and are playing their best football of the year. Saints had their peak earlier.
Dome is loud and hostile but there will be a healthy % Eagles fans.

In games like this not always the best team wins.
My point wasn't to say that the Eagles have no chance.

Your first several posts just seemed like smack talk full of empty cliches like "we're hungrier". You can't really debate or discuss that. Instead of the platitudes, maybe discuss how you think the Eagles will attack the Saints differently, some matchups you think the Eagles will win, which specific Saints players "peaked earlier", etc.

Those are things that can be discussed.

Banned #27
OP
OP

Osker

Very Banned
Ratings
If the game resembles the first game there will be one winner only and the Eagles don’t deserve to even come to your dome. The November game was a disgrace.

My point in this topic is not smack talk, I don’t even know what the definition of that is, my point is that other factors than stats determine games like this resulting in the fact that the best team (on paper) doesn’t necessarily prevail.

Banned #28
OP
OP

Osker

Very Banned
Ratings
Brees, even with mechanical issues (bull shirt imo) is the superior QB. Even at 40 he is special. Your running game is far better even though we have sproles back. The St Nick magic is just fan talk, unscientific bullshirt.

There is no rationale to believe in an Eagles win hence the underdog position and that is exactly what I try to say here. Other factors will determine the winner. Emotion plays a big role, managing the pressure, how bad do they really want it.

Last year the pats were the better team but only the eagles deserved to win the SB because of non rationale factors. They were hungrier, they had no pressure (back up QB) every result was good.

Today’s game is similar. The saints have to win, it might be brees’ last change for a second ring. The eagles are by far underdogs and every result (except a 44-7 blow out) is acceptable.

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Ratings

How’d all that smack work out for you?
Bye Eagle Bye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom