Why the poochie lip... we're back in 1st Place on Sunday (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Chicago goes into Tampa and takes care of business, and

...the Saints get back on track with a win vs. Indy.

We had the perfect storm of mess-ups vs. the Bucs: It happens! No excuses; leave it up to the coaching staff to get it right.

Again, we're back in first place this Sunday. We then get in gear on a run towards the postseason. After the Colts, it's:

* @ Rams
* Bucs back in the Dome (payback) :evilgrin: ...and
* @ Atlanta

We then go into the bye week. I say we'll be 7-3 or 8-2 by then (with 4 of the last 6 games at home).

It's 16 games for a reasons. We will get it done.

WhoDat! :beerchug:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iYo7_rn7tR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

Chicago & Tampa are going into London.

No doubt that Cutler will be confused and derp his way to a loss.

Poochie lip is the same as pouting?

London might as well be a home game for Tampa seeing as they have been over there so much. TBH, I'll be shocked if the Bears win over there.

Poochie lip is the same as pouting?

London might as well be a home game for Tampa seeing as they have been over there so much. TBH, I'll be shocked if the Bears win over there.
I'm shocked the Bears ever win.

I don't see the bears beating the bucs but I'm not down on my team either so I don't need a silver lining...we lose our first reel off 4 straight then drop one and all of a sudden this team is full of issues...I don't buy it...but this is how people morn losses on SR.com.

We had the perfect storm of mess-ups vs. the Bucs: It happens! No excuses; leave it up to the coaching staff to get it right.

You could go back every season, take the Super Bowl winner and review their schedule, and find games when those teams looked like anything but eventual champs. Most recently, Green Bay, which looked like a pretty mediocre team at times last season; including losses to the Dolphins, Redskins, and Lions.

Now, that isn't a prediction that the Saints will be in the Super Bowl at the end of this season but the conclusion after yesterday's game shouldn't be that they can't be.

Fans (of any team) tend to be too up and down after wins and losses.

This team has shortcomings but they had shortcomings in 2009, also. Every team, no matter how good, has some vulnerability.

Brees, as great as he is overall, is good for at least 2 or 3 poor performances by his standards every year. Yesterday was one of them. Not to put the loss squarely on him -- team effort, win or lose -- but he's the undeniable X factor for the Saints. When he's on, the team can beat anybody. When he struggles, the other team weaknesses tend to be enough to do the Saints in. Fortunately he doesn't struggle that often.

You could go back every season, take the Super Bowl winner and review their schedule, and find games when those teams looked like anything but eventual champs. Most recently, Green Bay, which looked like a pretty mediocre team at times last season; including losses to the Dolphins, Redskins, and Lions.

Now, that isn't a prediction that the Saints will be in the Super Bowl at the end of this season but the conclusion after yesterday's game shouldn't be that they can't be.

Fans (of any team) tend to be too up and down after wins and losses.

This team has shortcomings but they had shortcomings in 2009, also. Every team, no matter how good, has some vulnerability.

Brees, as great as he is overall, is good for at least 2 or 3 poor performances by his standards every year. Yesterday was one of them. Not to put the loss squarely on him -- team effort, win or lose -- but he's the undeniable X factor for the Saints. When he's on, the team can beat anybody. When he struggles, the other team weaknesses tend to be enough to do the Saints in. Fortunately he doesn't struggle that often.

This post contains much wisdom.

Frankly I think it may not be next week, but in 2 weeks we'll be back alone in front of the division.

We have Indy and St. Louis come up.

TB has Chicago and GB coming up.

Even if they beat Chicago, they're not winning both of those games, especially GB after coming back from London.

I thought Drew Brees was Cutler out there the way he was running for his life.

one play away at the end of the game in both losses from tying or winning.

Could be worse....

This. Not every Super Bowl team has to win 13 straight games in dominant fashion in the regular season... Many will suffer 3-5 losses, at least one or two of which they would have won against an inferior team.

it happens. We know we have weaknesses, we just have to hope the coaches can get the players to tighten up on them.

It's not like we're Miami or Minnesota - we have the talent. We just need to correct these brief mental lapses that lead to big mistakes.

I don't know whether or not we can count on Chicago to beat them, but we'll see. They have a bye the following week, and then they play us before they play GB. If we beat them at home, any divisional tiebreaker at that point between the two of us will be moot --although we shouldn't be tied anyway at that point.

I don't see the bears beating the bucs but I'm not down on my team either so I don't need a silver lining...we lose our first reel off 4 straight then drop one and all of a sudden this team is full of issues...I don't buy it...but this is how people morn losses on SR.com.:plus-un2:
agree,it was the turnovers that lost the game... its that simple.Saints are 4-2 an the Colts are next in the "BENZ"The team will move on.An SR will be back to normal Wednesday

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom