Why the Saints still need Joe Horn (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I was reading the posts on Joe Horn and his injuries that he sustained over the course of the season so far, and the thoguht that came to my mind was: Joe horn cannot retire, not yet, he owes it to himself and the Saints fans who have cheered him on for all these many years to try to get better and contribute something to this team this year, it would be a shame and a downright crime to me and a lot of other guys for Joe to be on the sidelines in what could be a great wonderful season for the Saints. Joe cannot do that to himself and his own career, he has fought too hard to fall up and give in to injuries and think about retiring. Joe, my message to you is simple: Try to work it out, man you are the face of the frachise who has busted his tail for years and worked and slaved to not get something for your rewards or efforts. In fact you deserve better then that, you deserve a championship with this team and the city you love so much and has done so much.

Joe, everybody declines a bit in this league, in fact one day you will retire for good from this team, but man not now, not at this moment of the glory you could get.
Try to be that warrior you have been al these years in the black and gold, and this tema needs you as a matter of fact. They need your wisdom, they need a mentor to help them learn this league, hell Colston could greatly benefit from your tutelage.

Just think abiout it, Joe, you deserve to go out a winner, and not a guy wo played his butt off for 10 years only to falter at the end. It cant happen to a guy like you, Joe. No way, End of story.

Try to work it out Joe. You deserve it.

Despite him not having a typical Joe year, hes still a top WR that can come in and make those 3rd down catchs you need to continue drives. He has definatly taken a step backwards, but he still can be a dominat player. I hope he sticks with us for atlest next year.

Hopefully after he retires he will stay with us, as a coach, commentator or something.

where did you hear he was contemplating retirement?

Bonchie, I was responding to the thread earlier that said that Joe becuase of his injuries and the nagging ones he has suffered over the years, he might think about retiring, and that for my money would be a shame, hell even him not playing right now would be a shame, Bonchie, he deserves some reps this year, and he has had a good year, he has over 500 yards recieving this season and 2nd on the team in yards, no he cant do it and just be a sidelines guy. Joe needs to play this game and his game too. He knows to handle injuries and the like very well, he gets hit hard a lot and gets up anyway.

Thats what I think of Horn, tough as they come, he deserves to win and to be a champion, even if its a playoff game or God forbid a Super Bowl

Bonchie, I was responding to the thread earlier that said that Joe becuase of his injuries and the nagging ones he has suffered over the years, he might think about retiring, and that for my money would be a shame, hell even him not playing right now would be a shame, Bonchie, he deserves some reps this year, and he has had a good year, he has over 500 yards recieving this season and 2nd on the team in yards, no he cant do it and just be a sidelines guy. Joe needs to play this game and his game too. He knows to handle injuries and the like very well, he gets hit hard a lot and gets up anyway.

Thats what I think of Horn, tough as they come, he deserves to win and to be a champion, even if its a playoff game or God forbid a Super Bowl

I never said he should retire yet.

But the frequency of his injuries the last few years seems to indicate he's past his plateau. If he can't stay on the field we need to make the transition to a new "go to" guy.

Father time seems to be catching up to Joe with all the muscle pulls, the hammy, groin and knee problems, so its time to start planning for life after Joe. But he may have a couple years left in a dimished role id he can avoid the injuries. Or me get through this and be healthy through next season. Let's hope.

It's just that the injuries are getting more and more frequent.

Last edited:
Let Him Go When He Wants To Go, It Il Free Up Cap Room, And He Can Go Do Espn

Jorn needs to stick around. He's loved by Saints fans everywhere and with the season we're having, and the promise we're showing, I'd be thrilled to see him in the black and gold for another year or two after this one.

The guy will miss his 2nd game this year and there is a good chance the coaches are holding him out so he can get healthy.

Even after missing the game and his slow start to the season he is 11th in the NFL in receiving.

Joe isn't done. I think a lot of people are over reacting. In three weeks we wont even remember him being out.

The guy will miss his 2nd game this year and there is a good chance the coaches are holding him out so he can get healthy.

Even after missing the game and his slow start to the season he is 11th in the NFL in receiving.

Joe isn't done. I think a lot of people are over reacting. In three weeks we wont even remember him being out.

I hope that's the answer.

It's seems strange that he practiced mid-week but not Friday. I hope he hasn't aggravated it.

I never said he should retire yet.

But the frequency of his injuries the last few years seems to indicate he's past his plateau. If he can't stay on the field we need to make the transition to a new "go to" guy.

Father time seems to be catching up to Joe with all the muscle pulls, the hammy, groin and knee problems, so its time to start planning for life after Joe. But he may have a couple years left in a dimished role id he can avoid the injuries. Or me get through this and be healthy through next season. Let's hope.

It's just that the injuries are getting more and more frequent.

I'm thinking Joe would be excellent in the 3 or 4 receiver sets especially in the slot. That would give the youngsters the reins with the 1st & 2nd receiver spots, and Joe could come in and still be very effective without the punishment of being in every down.

I agree.
But I bet Jim and Joe calling games would a blast!

Again, didn't say he was done yet.

Just noted that the injuries seem to be coming more frequently. He's been banged up for significant parts of the last three seasons (counting the current injury).

That is not a good sign for a receiver his age. Jerry Rice was a freak who played til 40. Most start to fall off right around Joe's current age.

Just something that bears watching.

Joe is not going anywhere. I'd rather have a healthy Joe for the stretch run than to risk serious injury now that would put him out for the year. Joe Horn is the heart and soul of this team, we need him more than people think.

I agree with everybody he just needs to get some rest and come back like he was before.....Like somebody mentioned already he's 11th in receiving. Not bad for an old guy....:ezbill:

He's probably been playing most of the year with it, remember that big long catch he had at the beginning of the season and he to come out a few plays because of it. Maybe that was when he messed it(hammy) up.....

You're also right about him being the heart and soul of the team....He needs to be around for leadership and his presence at least....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom