Why Tomlinson is so Good? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
3 reasons

1. offensive line opens up good holes for him to get through

2. the main one is Lorenzo Neal who takes out the linebackers and allows him to get through the first line of defense

3. once he passes the linebackers... his 220 pounds allows him to stiff arm guys to the ground or his agility allows him to juke them

I do not think he would be as good as he is without Lorenzo Neal what do you think?

Always loved Lo.neal wish we still had not a knock on Karney but Lo neals been doing year after year best blocking full back bar none in my opinion

LT was an excellent back when San Diego had one of the worst offensive lines in the league, no passing game, and no Lorenzo Neal. No, his success isn't predicated on eithers presence.

LT was an excellent back when San Diego had one of the worst offensive lines in the league, no passing game, and no Lorenzo Neal. No, his success isn't predicated on eithers presence.

exactly!!..if there was ever a rb that made something out of nothing , it was LT. He has been doing it since year one when he was the only offensive threat on the team and they had a sorry qb(bree's)at the time and line. go look at his numbers.. disclaimer.. outside of deuce he is one of my favorite running backs, i have been watching him since he was at TCU.

tomlinson has good size, he is very fast and elusive, he can catch, and has shown that he can throw. thats why hes so good

LT is a great player, but I don't think I can say that a better supporting cast of players around him will not make him better.

He's just great.

Walter Payton was great no matter how bad the Bears were.

Jim Brown, just, speechless.

LT is right there with them.

Two big trades that worked out great for the Bolts: Vick for picks, and Eli for picks.

LT is a workout warrior in the offseason. I believe Reggie Bush worked out with him one day and he was throwing up because he couldn't hang with LT intense workout.

LT is a workout warrior in the offseason. I believe Reggie Bush worked out with him one day and he was throwing up because he couldn't hang with LT intense workout.

Thats good... I hope that Reggie does work out with him... could you imagine if Reggie turned out to be as good as LT... If Reggie puts on 20 more pounds... He could be a big force... and his body would be able to take more hits... right now he is easily tackled once they get a hold of him beacause many guys in the league are stronger than him

The STIFFARM

If one were to try to boil down, in just a few words, as to why LT is good, one of those words would be STIFFARM. That guy has a lethal stiffarm. Jim Brown pointed it out as well, said LT has to be incredibly strong in the shoulders. LT does a lot of subtle things, moves and such, that add up to him being great.

Regarding that stiffarm, LT will ram, clutch, slam or whatever he needs to do to the opponent defender's facemask, as necessary. It is legal for the offensive back to facemask the defender, but not vice versa. A couple of games ago, he blasted an opponent's helmet off with that stiffarm on the way to the end-zone.

Last edited:
3 reasons

1. offensive line opens up good holes for him to get through

2. the main one is Lorenzo Neal who takes out the linebackers and allows him to get through the first line of defense

3. once he passes the linebackers... his 220 pounds allows him to stiff arm guys to the ground or his agility allows him to juke them

I do not think he would be as good as he is without Lorenzo Neal what do you think?

I think Tomlinson is a better RB than Neal is a FB.

Regarding that stiffarm, LT will ram, clutch, slam or whatever he needs to do to the opponent defender's facemask, as necessary. It is legal for the offensive back to facemask the defender, but not vice versa. A couple of games ago, he blasted an opponent's helmet off with that stiffarm on the way to the end-zone.

Garrison Hearst used to have that kind of stiff arm, he'd get under the helmet and just push the defenders out the way, it was sick.

All good theories about what makes LT so good. My theory is that LT has the uncanny ability to find the proper crease or hole and he takes it. He knows when to cutback, doesn't dance around and he never seems to hesitate in his decision making.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom