Why was NO-SD the only "pink" game this weekend? (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
I saw highlights from most of the other games and it appears our game was the only one participating in the annual October "Breast Cancer Awareness" weekend.

Did the other teams just not get the memo? :hihi:

I was wondering the same thing. Told my dad right before kickoff, "Thank God they didn't start the pink thing even though it's already October." after watching RedZone for all the early games. Then, BAM! Pink in our game and no other.

I thought I remember them cutting back on the Pink games year before last - after all that domestic violence stuff and the questions rolling in about whether Pink games are for marketing merchandise or raising money for breast cancer research. That, and Proctor & Gamble, which worked with the NFL on its Pink campaign, removed itself from the partnership after the Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson/Greg Hardy kerfuffle.

I still don't quite understand the connection between the NFL and Breast Cancer Awareness, unless it really did begin as a corporate ploy to qualify the NFL as a non-profit...and/or that the men whom are employed by the NFL enjoy women's assets...?

Breast cancer organizations (especially Komen) are big political donors. The move to turn some games pink was about poltical correctness as much as anything else.

I still don't quite understand the connection between the NFL and Breast Cancer Awareness

steroids... shhhh....

3c032021840d66f5d3e4f74a90a4ff82.jpg

I'm not sure but I think they decided after last year that they're just going to pick one game per week during the month of October to be the showcase for this cause.

I'm assuming pink merchandise sales are down, so they don't care enough to really push it anymore.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZfbBqBOSXlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wall Street Journal just ran a great article on the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
The NFL

Here is a summary:

NFL gives $0 for breast cancer research.
NFL sells a small amount of pink merchandise. Like $2M for a $9B organization.
Entire BCA campaign is PR to make NFL more likeable to females, and try to distract them from domestic violence.

The NFL is not trying to fight breast cancer, it's trying to make females forget that there are a lot of pro football players that beat up women.

Wall Street Journal just ran a great article on the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
The NFL

Here is a summary:

NFL gives $0 for breast cancer research.
NFL sells a small amount of pink merchandise. Like $2M for a $9B organization.
Entire BCA campaign is PR to make NFL more likeable to females, and try to distract them from domestic violence.

The NFL is not trying to fight breast cancer, it's trying to make females forget that there are a lot of pro football players that beat up women.

Just more proof that Roger Goodell is the devil.

I think they're starting the pink thing the 2nd Sunday in October this year. Not sure why and I don't care enough to Google it. But that's what I heard, from the Red Zone channel I think.

I think they're starting the pink thing the 2nd Sunday in October this year. Not sure why and I don't care enough to Google it. But that's what I heard, from the Red Zone channel I think.

They had some pink going on this past weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom