why we should not trade up! (1 Viewer)

it's like giving up Andy Alleman for Dorsey/Ellis

Actually, its not.

Its like giving up Andy Alleman + DRC or Jenkins or Rivers for Dorsey or Ellis.

They won't just give us their 1st for a 3rd. And this is assuming that NE or anyone else would even want to trade down.

I wouldn't do it. There's a chance one of them falls to us and even if they didn't, I would rather the top CB + Okam (maybe in the 3rd) than just Dorsey or Ellis....and I'm a LSU homer.

History of the 7th and 10th overall pick. Some years it was worth moving up. Sometimes it seems like it would have been better to move down.

7 Minnesota- Adrian Peterson –RB
10 Houston- Amobi Okoye- DT

7 Oakland- Michael Huff- CB
10 Arizona- Matt Leinart- QB

7 Minnesota- Troy Williamson- WR
10 Detroit- Mike Williams- WR

7 Detroit- Roy Williams- WR
10 Texans- Dunta Robinson- CB

Note: 8- DeAngelo Hall and 12- Jonathan Vilma

7 Jacksonville- Byron Leftwich- QB
10 Baltimore- Terrell Suggs- OLB

Unfortunately: 6 was Johnathan Sullivan

Remember the last "sure-fire DT" we drafted in 2003? :covri:

I remember the sure-fire DT we wanted to draft in 2003; funny thing happened though, Jets took him and our coach didn't want to look foolish, so he took the next guy-- even though the talent drop off from one to the other was considerable. Kind of like this years draft. There is Dorsey and Ellis, then this huge dropoff. Some people have us taking Balmer at 10. That would be like taking Sullivan. If Dorsey and Ellis are gone, draft another position on defense then go after Simms or someone comparable in a later round. STAY AWAY FROM BALMER and make the trade to the Pats for the remaining DT, because he will not make it past Cincinatti or Baltimore.

Actually, its not.

Its like giving up Andy Alleman + DRC or Jenkins or Rivers for Dorsey or Ellis.

They won't just give us their 1st for a 3rd. And this is assuming that NE or anyone else would even want to trade down.

I wouldn't do it. There's a chance one of them falls to us and even if they didn't, I would rather the top CB + Okam (maybe in the 3rd) than just Dorsey or Ellis....and I'm a LSU homer.

DT, a very good DT, is kind of like LT. They are very hard to find, and always go in the top 10 in the draft. CB is hard to find in free agency, but as far as drafting goes, is relatively easy to get in the first few rounds. You can get the top corner, especially since very seldomly do anaylists agree who it is, anywhere from picks 10-15. I don't know. I just see dominant DT's as more rarer and more valuable as far as impact on every play vs a dominant or good CB. A scheme can protect a CB from his weaknesses, pressure can help a CB. DT's have to contribute and do well every play, rather its run or pass. The affect the game more than a CB, therefore are more valuable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom