Why we went away from Joe Morgan is beyond me~! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude is lightening in a bottle and makes nothing but big plays when his # is called. Why didn't we call his # until the ravs tried to shut him down?

Where did our rushing game go? There seemed to be no thoughtfulness about our game plan at all IF we had a game plan at all.

This was about as bad as Drew Brees can play ( I hope) because this Pick-6 situation is just too difficult to overcome every game after game after game...........just too much and when it happens so frequently now it makes everyone wonder what's up with Drew, Mr. Future Hall of Famer?

This is sickening knowing there's talent on this team if it would ever be used correctly as was preached during camp, over and over again.

More Joe Morgan and Kenny Stills and we just may have something to build on instead of everyone just running around with no game plan at all.

Dude is lightening in a bottle and makes nothing but big plays when his # is called. Why didn't we call his # until the ravs tried to shut him down?

Where did our rushing game go? There seemed to be no thoughtfulness about our game plan at all IF we had a game plan at all.

This was about as bad as Drew Brees can play ( I hope) because this Pick-6 situation is just too difficult to overcome every game after game after game...........just too much and when it happens so frequently now it makes everyone wonder what's up with Drew, Mr. Future Hall of Famer?

This is sickening knowing there's talent on this team if it would ever be used correctly as was preached during camp, over and over again.

More Joe Morgan and Kenny Stills and we just may have something to build on instead of everyone just running around with no game plan at all.
Ask the mighty wizard.

Because they started covering him and O-line couldn't give Brees time

/end of discussion.

Oline couldn't protect Brees, mainly because of Goodwin. Coaching staff did not make adjustments = Brees getting wreck shopped.

This coaching staff has FAILED in epic fashion this season in making adjustments. It was once one of the things that impressed me most about SP and our staff. That's gone now.

I really think that the piece of work Goodell may have ruined our HC with that suspension. There is something missing from him, can't quite put my finger on it, but the fire is gone. He looked tired and defeated in that post game.

It's not just Goodwin. Strief has been bad all year and is surviving off of reputation at this point. Even Evans and Grubbs are not playing to their full potential.

The first big play he made proved that he could do more than run deep routes. There could have been some other way to utilize his blazing speed. It's like we didn't even try to get him the ball in the second half. It's mind-boggling why Morgan wasn't used more often.

Because they started covering him and O-line couldn't give Brees time

He was wide the **** open on multiple plays, especially the pick 6. Drew didnt look and threw crappy short pass instead. Was sitting in the end zone watching morgan torch dbs, then watching him be subbed out for toon and not really grtting put in the game

Playcslling has been suspect all year. Payton needs to relinquish it to someone he csn hold accountable

He was wide the **** open on multiple plays, especially the pick 6. Drew didnt look and threw crappy short pass instead. Was sitting in the end zone watching morgan torch dbs, then watching him be subbed out for toon and not really grtting put in the game

Playcslling has been suspect all year. Payton needs to relinquish it to someone he csn hold accountable

Brees didn't have time to get to that read. It's on the line.

It's not just Goodwin. Strief has been bad all year and is surviving off of reputation at this point. Even Evans and Grubbs are not playing to their full potential.

Evans and Grubbs live a die by the guys next to them. They sucked next to Charles Brown and got better next to Armstead. The sucked next to Goodwin and got better next to Lelito for the two games he played (and we won). I don't think we can blame Strief right now. It's pretty obvious he's hurt but we don't have a better option right now.

Next year Morgan, Stills, Cooks, Colston?, Graham, and..... ANDY TANNER (j/k)

Receivers were still getting open, but Brees just did not have time to get the ball to them.

It's NOT all on the line folks~! There was time and there was Morgan open time and time again. The Dude has been nothing but good luck for us and has done nothing but make plays but once we got past the first 1/4? Nothing~! Why not? I know I don't get it and was hoping someone here had some kind of realistic answer since the press didn't seem it worthy of asking.

It's NOT all on the line folks~! There was time and there was Morgan open time and time again. The Dude has been nothing but good luck for us and has done nothing but make plays but once we got past the first 1/4? Nothing~! Why not? I know I don't get it and was hoping someone here had some kind of realistic answer since the press didn't seem it worthy of asking.

Gonna have to disagree with you here. Time and time again it seemed, not just last night, but all season Brees is getting pressure on him quickly. I remember years past where he sits back there and go through all reads...not this year. I'm not saying Brees is without fault, he has thrown some bad passes, but the pass protection this year has been beyond horrible and anyone that says otherwise really needs to get their eyes checked.

It's the Oline. It's killing us. And more specifically, the interior of the Oline is killing us.

But theoretically, I'm with ya. He looks great and we should attempt to include him more in the gameplan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom