Why were there plenty of empty seats in Atlanta Stadium? (1 Viewer)

The constant stories about how much more interesting it is to walk around the stadium kind of makes me want to visit at least once.

I’m not huge on going to other team’s stadiums, but I’d be lying if I said I’m not curious on what it’s really like there.
I went to an ATL United game during the summer. MB Stadium really is a nice venue, but as has been pointed out, it's so nice that it competes for the game's attention.

Hilariously, the United's fans were ALL-IN for the game -- they filled the lower tier and were loud, rowdy, and fired up. Pretty much the exact opposite of the Falcons' fans.

Soccer chants are weird. When the ball was on Atlanta's half of the field, my instinct to start chanting "DE-fense! (stomp/clap) DE-fense!" like you would when the ball's in your half of the court at a basketball game, but instead they do this weird clap-and-sing-along thing.

Lol - they actually spoke about it during the game, and either idiot #1 or idiot #2 tried defending ATL saying that it was because there were so many other options for watching the game.
i actually took it was a very tongue-in-cheek diss on the fanbase - he dragged Cowboy stadium in as well
no way a former player wants anything more than butts in the seat watching the action

Mercedes Benz Stadium was designed to meet the demands of Atlanta sporting event ticket purchasers. The Atlanta ticket buyer is not content to purchase a ticket, buy a hot dog and coke, and sit in a seat. Unlike New Orleans each weekend offers options for disposable income spending that you guys just don't have. Within a 10 mile radius of MBS on Sat. and Sun. you could:

1. Attend the 1st place Braves vs Phillies series
2. Attend the FedEx Tour Championship featuring Tiger (20k attended)
3. See the #2 Clemson play Ga. Tech (65k attended)
4. See 1st place Atlanta United vs Real Salt Lake (72k attended)
5. Attend Falcons vs Saints (70k attended)

I'm currently working on the Phillips Arena renovation and just like the new stadium its designed such that you can enjoy the game and atmosphere without being forced to sit in a seat.

Last edited:
Unlike New Orleans each weekend offers options for disposable income spending that you guys just don't have.

ef8.jpg

The problem was that although well represented, there were not as many Saints fans able to attend the game as we normally have in Atlanta. I remember seasons where playing the Falcons in Atlanta was almost like being at Saints home game. We have to try to do better next year. :hihi:

I've read a few complaints that Falcon's tickets, food, and drinks are astronomically high.

Their fans show up late and leave early. Not surprising.
They have to show me how they show up late AND leave early....is that like come and go at the same time?

I'd say the main reason why their facility was so empty, is because the game was played in ATL. They should just play two games a year in NOLA. That way the Saints fans don't have so far to drive.

No excuse whatsoever to have 30,000 (I may be generous when I say only 30k) empty seats for an NFL game
in a city that large against your main divisional rival. Please note it was just like that last week against the Panthers....
thousands of empty seats.

You figure that since they can fabricate crowd noise at their new toilet bowl dome, they could also project fans into the thousands and thousands of empty seats too.

I was watching this game yesterday and I noticed plenty of empty seats in Atlanta. You could really notice when they did the extra points. I asked a friend who I know that went up to the game. He said it was only about 75% full with many Saints fans. He also said the stadium is poorly designed. Why is it they can fill the stadium for soccer MLS games but they can't for the Falcons? I'm kind of laughing at this:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Lot of people are standing in what they call comfort zones

Lol - they actually spoke about it during the game, and either idiot #1 or idiot #2 tried defending ATL saying that it was because there were so many other options for watching the game.

Funny, we don't seem to have a problem filling our stadium. With actual fans, too!

I think they are right. As they were saying that they were showing some of the crowd in a close up and everyone was on some type of tablet or smartphone.

What’s with the train horn after every score? Is Atlanta some kind of train hub? I know the airport is big but that’s all of Atlanta I’ve ever seen and ever really care to honestly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom