Why won’t DA give Winston a shot ?? (1 Viewer)

@donato -- Would you like to comment or are you just going to hit me with dead falcons?
He is flawed, but 6-3 as the Saints starter. He played all three games injured this year, yet that carries no weight in your opinion. It is a bias.

JW needs to flee NO, but he is better than Andy in all the metrics that count. Andy got shut out yesterday and has a 3-6 record as a starter with Taysom and Kamara carrying him in 2. He is notoriously bad in prime time, the red zone and playing from behind - all categories in which JW has outdone him in NO and overall.

JW won’t get a fair shake here though so go ahead and keep marinating in that Andy juice.

He is flawed, but 6-3 as the Saints starter. He played all three games injured this year, yet that carries no weight in your opinion. It is a bias.

JW needs to flee NO, but he is better than Andy in all the metrics that count. Andy got shut out yesterday and has a 3-6 record as a starter with Taysom and Kamara carrying him in 2. He is notoriously bad in prime time, the red zone and playing from behind - all categories in which JW has outdone him in NO and overall.

JW won’t get a fair shake here though so go ahead and keep marinating in that Andy juice.
I said it before...he's going to legit have to go to Canada or the USFL to get a fair chance - its BS but it is what it is. If he tries to go to another NFL team, it's going to be the same BS within that team's fanbase, and probably coaching staff. If I can offer some advice to dude it'll be to unlearn everything he learned in NO and get back to playing instinctual football. CSP broke JW and didn't stick around for the rebuild...get back to doing you.

#IWANTPENIXIN23

I said it before...he's going to legit have to go to Canada or the USFL to get a fair chance - its BS but it is what it is. If he tries to go to another NFL team, it's going to be the same BS within that team's fanbase, and probably coaching staff. If I can offer some advice to dude it'll be to unlearn everything he learned in NO and get back to playing instinctual football. CSP broke JW and didn't stick around for the rebuild...get back to doing you.

#IWANTPENIXIN23
For sure. And I really like Penix as a prospect as well. He carved up my Cougs this past weekend.. He will face some of the same hurdles, however, but not to the same degree. Because ABJ is real.

"Marinating in that Andy juice?" When have I done that? Good grief.

I completely agree that Dalton is "notoriously bad in prime time, the red zone and playing from behind." And Jameis is notoriously bad at turning over the football. My position was simply that changing quarterbacks at this point is like changing deck chairs on a sinking ship. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

And whether or not Jameis was was playing hurt, his play was pretty much on par with his play in Tampa. Recognizing that isn't a bias, it's just observation.

I completely agree that Dalton is "notoriously bad in prime time, the red zone and playing from behind." And Jameis is notoriously bad at turning over the football. My position was simply that changing quarterbacks at this point is like changing deck chairs on a sinking ship. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

And whether or not Jameis was was playing hurt, his play was pretty much on par with his play in Tampa. Recognizing that isn't a bias, it's just observation.
Keeping the status quo when it is horrendously not working is a bad idea and DA is proving himself to be full of those.

In TCUDan’s post today he wrote about how hard it is to change direction once the whole ship is headed towards the ice berg. Staying with the status quo after the offense has been embarrassed against the last 3 average or better defenses we’ve faced and after the steady guy that keeps you on schedule, just got shut out and is 3-7, is the equivalent of that.

This is the time when decent coaches switch QBs to try to light some kind of a fire and especially when we’re not taking about sitting Russell Wilson and that big contract or some young 1st rd draft pick you are still hoping turns into something great, but Andy freaking Dalton, the journeyman’s journeyman.

Try Winston, try Taysom, or piss on the spark plugs to see if we can start the engine. At least JW and Taysom have potential/upside and have proven they can win games with severely flawed teams by making something out of nothing. Andy needs unicorn play from star players to beat middling and subpar teams, but he is, lol, efficient. I poop efficiently, but nobody wants to pay to see that.

Those people refusing to want to see someone besides Dalton at QB at this point are marinating in that Andy juice.

Oh no you don’t! You are what someone on here says you are. No matter what. Especially when it comes to Winston. 😀

Keeping the status quo when it is horrendously not working is a bad idea and DA is proving himself to be full of those.

In TCUDan’s post today he wrote about how hard it is to change direction once the whole ship is headed towards the ice berg. Staying with the status quo after the offense has been embarrassed against the last 3 average or better defenses we’ve faced and after the steady guy that keeps you on schedule, just got shut out and is 3-7, is the equivalent of that.

This is the time when decent coaches switch QBs to try to light some kind of a fire and especially when we’re not taking about sitting Russell Wilson and that big contract or some young 1st rd draft pick you are still hoping turns into something great, but Andy freaking Dalton, the journeyman’s journeyman.

Try Winston, try Taysom, or piss on the spark plugs to see if we can start the engine. At least JW and Taysom have potential/upside and have proven they can win games with severely flawed teams by making something out of nothing. Andy needs unicorn play from star players to beat middling and subpar teams, but he is, lol, efficient. I poop efficiently, but nobody wants to pay to see that.

Those people refusing to want to see someone besides Dalton at QB at this point are marinating in that Andy juice.
I think there’s a difference between being indifferent toward a quarterback change at this point, which is where I sit, and “refusing to see someone besides Dalton.”

I honestly wouldn’t be upset to see Jameis get another shot, or even Taysom Hill at this point. I just don’t think either has done enough when they have played to make it worth getting upset that they aren’t playing.

It's like sitting trying to decide between Milwaukee's Best, PBR, and Natural Lite. They all taste like piss, so does it matter which one you pick?

It might be because he is exactly who we thought he was. I defended him. Learned to love him. But he might actually suck. And complaining to the media is definitely a sign that he hasn’t matured to the degree that he has us all believing. Especially when in the same breath you say that you aren’t 100%. What is it? Dalton sucks too, he’s just going to make fewer mistakes. And doesn’t have a broken back.

We're having the same conundrum here that Cincinnati had for several years... Andy Dalton doesn't do anything glaringly bad enough to force his benching, he just always comes up short. He's 36, the book is written on this guy. It's not getting any better... Luckily for Cincy, they were bad enough for 1 year to have Burrow fall in their lap and they were able to cut loose from him.

Winston wound up here because he had a glaringly bad enough stat (30 INTs) to justify Tampa not signing him, and they were all over Brady as a replacement. But I wouldn't say the book is completely written on him. He's had 2 unbelievably bad luck years here with injuries that have prevented us from seeing if the Drew/Sean training really changed anything. The Saints really should try to find that out. Even it's a remote chance at this point. Not like we're going anywhere.
This is exactly where I am on playing Winston. What do we have to lose in at least giving him these next 5 games to see what he does! We have a multitude of problems, including poor coaching, and QB is only one of the questions that will need answering this off season. If we can at least determine if Winston has any upside it may be the difference between outright cutting him or keeping him as a transition QB while we try to find a long term answer in the draft!
Having said the above, I just don’t think DA is going to make any changes. - seems much too stubborn to me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom