Why won’t DA give Winston a shot ?? (1 Viewer)

Dalton getting the ball out faster is a farce...its because he's always looking for the checkdown to the detriment of developing plays...there was a moment last game where he rushed out a checkdown and didn't allow a further downfield route time to come open, he had the time...but he just rushed the short throw...."BuT hE GoT Da BaLl OuT FaStr"

Dalton's completion percentage is also padded by pointless completions hopelessly short of the line to gain on 3rd down. IDK, I'm just tired of watching this sheet that we were told was better than the O with Winston running things...I'm still waiting to see it TBH.

When those very same mistakes was happening all the blame went to Jameis
Funny he throw interceptions against a sb winning team and gets dragged for it while dalton has been excellent to some of y’all lol
If you were to read my Jameis related postings in full context (not just recently but over the whole year) you’d see that I’ve been very supportive and hopeful for the young man. So I’m not sure if that was directed at me but if it was, you missed the mark by a lot. Also, who said Dalton was excellent? Certainly not me. In a lost season, where your starter has been hampered by injury and ultimately won’t be with the franchise, Andy is a guy who can manage the games until seasons end. He’s a guy who will probably be happy to be a back up here and mentor a young potential QB prospect.

If you’re holding on to playoff hope, I can see why you’d lash out. If that’s the case, I’m afraid you are in store for many more letdowns.

Well...TBH they signed Dalton to make this move at some point in the season...this is what they wanted.
This is completely wild conjecture and rumor on your part. You have absolutely no factual evidence to back this up.

I look forward to the day Winston is no longer with the Saints so this unfounded blaming of Everyone But Winston to prop up Winston comes to an end. I've never seen fans so quick to attack Saints players and coaches just to try to prop up one player.

It's pathetic and insulting and needs to end ASAP.

Dalton = 3-6 record as Saints starter.

The other two QBs have winning records.
Guess everyone's just going to keep repeating themselves here

We had the #4 defense in the league last year---they were more responsible for those wins than any QB play & you know it

The records don't change the fact that Taysom doesn't have the necessary skills to to read an NFL defense......Jameis does, but his inconsistency & poor decision making at crucial moments make him a less attractive choice to DA than Dalton

Laugh away, chucklehead

Last edited:
Guess everyone's just keep repeating themselves here

We had the #4 defense in the league last year---they were more responsible for those wins than any QB play & you know it

The records don't change the fact that Taysom doesn't have the necessary skills to to read an NFL defense......Jameis does, but his inconsistency & poor decision making at crucial moments make him a less attractive choice to DA than Dalton

Laugh away, chucklehead
Well the only difference is we converted in the redzone and now we don’t

I’m not saying it was all on Dalton but he can’t seem to generate offensive scores we were shutout today this team had way to much talent to be shut out dalton has played what the last 6 games hasn’t he only won 3 times ??
Dude… the “way too much talent” is/are the guys who fumbled and dropped passes… I’m not trying to advocate for Dalton but name this “too much talent” and I bet you name a guy who fumbled or dropped big plays today…

Last edited:
This is completely wild conjecture and rumor on your part. You have absolutely no factual evidence to back this up.

I look forward to the day Winston is no longer with the Saints so this unfounded blaming of Everyone But Winston to prop up Winston comes to an end. I've never seen fans so quick to attack Saints players and coaches just to try to prop up one player.

It's pathetic and insulting and needs to end ASAP.
"It's pathetic and insulting and needs to end ASAP" :sucker:

I’ve heard all the stories about DA thinking Dalton gives us the best chance to win but at this point it can’t hurt us to try Winston dalton is terrible past his prime serviceable back up that’s it !!!!
Winston has been trash all year. This team is undisciplined in its play has too many injuries at crucial spots O line CB, DL, and WR. Our coach is lost and in over his head and it’s obvious. Winston not fixing this. New coach and staff needed. A few new players at certain positions and a turn around can happen next few seasons.

Winston has been trash all year. This team is undisciplined in its play has too many injuries at crucial spots O line CB, DL, and WR. Our coach is lost and in over his head and it’s obvious. Winston not fixing this. New coach and staff needed. A few new players at certain positions and a turn around can happen next few seasons.
Even if he has been trash all year (he wasn't) I'd still rather he get a chance to redeem himself after a "trash" performance, than see Andy Dalton play like trash, then listen to that trash getting passed off as efficient, only to see him come in week after week with the same Trash (efficient) performance while saying "nah, JW aint getting a chance because he trash"...eff that, Dalton Trash, let JW play...or Hill, or whoever the other dude is.

Last edited:
Alright, just gonna throw out there that in the red zone, Jameis's stats put him amongst the all time greats. Dude has his issues, but red zone scoring is indisputably not one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom