Why won’t DA give Winston a shot ?? (2 Viewers)

Alright, just gonna throw out there that in the red zone, Jameis's stats put him amongst the all time greats. Dude has his issues, but red zone scoring is indisputably not one of them.
I think that illustrates the hole in Winston's game. When he gets in the red zone, there isn't a big play for him to wait too long for. The red zone forces him to look short and intermediate, because there's not enough field for deep plays.

If Winston played the whole game like he's forced to in the red zone, he'd be a more consistent and effective QB.

Last edited:
Did DA fumble the ball twice.

12-36. He fumbled 36 times out of 48 career games as a head coach. I don’t care who fumbled, or what franchise is a dumpster fire, or what flag the referee threw or who the qb is, or whatever excuse you want to use this week for his ineptitude. He is a terrible head coach. You can’t fake 12-36. 4-12, 4-12, 0-4, 4-8.

I think that illustrates the whole in Winston's game. When he gets in the red zone, there isn't a big play for him to wait too long for. The red zone forces him to look short and intermediate, because there's not enough field for deep plays.

If Winston played the hole game like he's forced to in the red zone, he'd be a more consistent and effective QB.
Payton had him playing an offense like he had when he won a Natty as a RS Freshman. Mid-intermediate routes with the occasional deep shot. He was effective in that offense. This one? Garbage for every QB. Play design, play calling, everything; it's just garbage.

Payton had him playing an offense like he had when he won a Natty as a RS Freshman. Mid-intermediate routes with the occasional deep shot. He was effective in that offense. This one? Garbage for every QB. Play design, play calling, everything; it's just garbage.
I think it's really hard to know, from the outside looking in, if the bigger issues is playcalling, coaching, or execution.

Belichik is a top notch coach and his team has had execution issues the past two seasons. Is that mostly Bill's coaching, the play calling or the players?

I know that in today's game the offensive play calls created opportunities for the QB to get passes to open receivers. Is the problem play calling when those open receivers don't catch the ball?

I know the offense was moving really well on their opening drive until Kamara fumbled the ball. Was that mostly a result of play calling, coaching or player execution?

The playcalling created opportunities running and passing that players didn't capitalize on.

There's only so much any coach can do to correct execution. If DA benched all the players making mistakes, he wouldn't be able to field a team.

I don't know if it's so much that DA isn't doing all he can to get better execution or he's fighting a loosing battle against the let down that was inevitable after losing Brees last year and then Payton this year. I don't know that any coach could do much more to get the players out of the let down that comes from losing that much leadership and exceptionalism at such critical positions.

If you’re not part of the solution you’re part of the problem. But keep going please.

Maybe the aesthetics of high completion percentages with low/no point and win totals against all but terrible teams is just too intoxicating for you?
lol good one

1. Winston isn’t healthy. He said so himself.

2. Dalton wasn’t the problem today. At all.
I wonder if people that just go right to blaming the QB realize how lazy that is and how much it clarifies that they don’t really realize what they’re watching.

If someone thinks Dalton is why we lost today they either don’t truly understand the game or they simply have some type of agenda to bash anyone that plays QB, or maybe anyone besides Winston.

I’m fine if he gives Winston a shot, at this point what’s it really matter. However, Dalton played fine, he played just as well as the QB that won the game.

Winston isn’t the answer either.

Winston isn't going back in after the interview...

DA would be fired at the end of the season for sure if JW came in and lit it up. As long as he's on the bench that isn't a possibility. JW and DA can't both be here after that bridge got burned down to the studs.

The issue I see with this whole thing is the loss of potential with JW vs Dalton. You know exactly what Dalton is and it's only going to get worse, he's 36 and degrading daily. With JW, you lose a bunch of games but you can work on the offensive system, give him reps and potentially find a workable solution after half a season of running different plays/schemes. I see people talking about his deep ball first mentality, but that's exactly what you want with a run oriented team,.

When those very same mistakes was happening all the blame went to Jameis
Funny he throw interceptions against a sb winning team and gets dragged for it while dalton has been excellent to some of y’all loli

Even if he has been trash all year (he wasn't) I'd still rather he get a chance to redeem himself after a "trash" performance, than see Andy Dalton play like trash, then listen to that trash getting passed off as efficient, only to see him come in week after week with the same Trash (efficient) performance while saying "nah, JW aint getting a chance because he trash"...eff that, Dalton Trash, let JW play...or Hill, or whoever the other dude is.
Go back to the 1st 3 game boards. Talking about slanted views. According to the majority on here bashing Dalton you made every excuse in the book for JW play. None of the camps are different. Everyone has bias for who they want and who they think gives us the best shot. Problem is, it is no one on the saints roster. We need a new coach and rebuild. Yall keep trying to pick the worst turd.

He's been given a shot, the Bucs gave him a shot and they moved on, the Saints aren't naive enough to not know the kind of player he is and they've seen enough of him in the two years he's been here.
BS, not the Saints. DA made that move, like he did with CJGJ. Both moves have backfired miserably.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom