Why worry? (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Posted, in part, elsewhere but still relevant:

I never worry about losing. I worry about how we match up; how we focus; how we react to adverse situations; how hard we play; how smart we play; how well we finish. If we do well at those things than we have controlled what we can control. Thats what you want to do. Control all the things that you can and let that be your seed. You sow that and more often than not the fruit is victory.

One could say that only 2 of those 6 were things we did well at. I'm happy about this season. We've had some bumps in the road. We have some 38 holes in our boots. To be in here and read some of this is a bummer. The attitude that we are disrespected because experts and oddsmakers predict us to lose or list us as underdogs has been replaced with... bring back Venturi, 10 players are better than 11 with Thomas in, Get rid of Gibbs, I want HAZ, season meltdown of 02 in replay, etc. Where Sean would ahve been a fantastic play caller so much so that there could be no mention of hiring an O-Co is now met with questions of his play calling ability. I hope the team can stay even-keeled. From what one reads, not many fans can.

Beat Atlanta... nothing more this week than that.

well said, but i think some of those titles were tongue in cheek.

some people are panicking, but most are level headed. the way i see it, we have to win out. dont expect help from other teams. objectively, i realize we could lose a few and still get in at 9-7, but i dont want to go that route. as a fan i want to focus on the saints beating the other teams and the playoffs will come for sure. the only way to guarantee that is to win out or 4-2.

that puts a lot of pressure on a team thats been under the gun the last few weeks to get those expected wins and give yourself some trouble room in the last stretch. but we turned the ball over needlessly and have put ourselves in a tight spot.

that being said, if this team gets back to how it was playing during the first half of the season (no turnovers killing us) then we can win out with a little luck, or pull 10-6 easy.

it aint over by any means, but its tightening up after a few bad games for us. now is the time good teams pull it out. we can do it.

WHO DAT!

Coach asked me to think up something good to say to the 12th man. j/k

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom