Wide open Michael Thomas! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I really think they tried to force feed Cooks on a number of plays, 1 of them for sure when Brees had a wide open MT cutting across the middle and decided to throw down field to Cooks, I also think it had to do with his venting. Just didn't seem like the ordinary play calling maybe it was the game plan, or it's just me.

I was thinking the same thing about force feeding Cooks. I think Thomas was getting open more frequently, but Brees was not taking what the defense gave him. I think Detroit expected us to force feed Cooks. Cooks gives us few YAC, so we ended up with more 3rd down conversions than usual. The determination to give Cooks more touches threw us off just enough to stymie the offense. That plus a couple of bogus calls on Kelemete, and a couple of underthrown balls by Brees, and voila.

Also, not having Armstead to help keep Drew clean. That had a major impact.

I have no doubt it threw Drew off his game. He was staring down Cook's all day.

I didn't think Brees/Payton would change the gameplan based on something Cooks said, but watching this game sure put some doubt in my mind. I was frustrated that Thomas wasn't getting looks when he was open. I'm still not gonna point to Cooks' words, but we can't be locked in on one player. That's not who the Saints are.

Seemed like the entire team was off today. It happens, and against a pretty hot team, it's asking to get smacked down.

I really think they tried to force feed Cooks on a number of plays, 1 of them for sure when Brees had a wide open MT cutting across the middle and decided to throw down field to Cooks, I also think it had to do with his venting. Just didn't seem like the ordinary play calling maybe it was the game plan, or it's just me.

Cooks was also open for an easy TD on that play. If Drew throws it just another yard further Cooks takes in for a score.

Yeah Drew was looking for the home run. We needed a home run. But a long first down would have helped.

Hell, there were a few plays where Willie was wide open as well and he seemed to focus in on Cooks. Totally un-Drew like.

Yep!! It messed up Drew, and I think even Payton's play calling. Cook's selfish immaturity really cost the team big time. That's exactly why Bill B. Has no leniency toward that kind of crap. It costs ball games.

Yep!! It messed up Drew, and I think even Payton's play calling. Cook's selfish immaturity really cost the team big time. That's exactly why Bill B. Has no leniency toward that kind of crap. It costs ball games.

Yup. When you heard something like that, first thing you would do is look to see what you could have done and adjusted. Even though, there was no problem with what you were doing. It's human nature.

The truth is this team ate the cheese after last week and got beat pretty bad. We had three mistakes in the first 5 minutes of the game. Ingrams 1 yard short run out of bounds was stupid. That cost us a series and allowed Detroit to get a field goal. Our 10 yard cushions allows teams to dink and dunk us to death. So many disappointments to deal with. This team is like the past three we have had, just not hungry enough to get out of mediocrity.

Kind of reminded me of myself when I see a wide open WR (button B) but accidentally press button x and throw it to a double covered player...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom