Wide open spaces (1 Viewer)

Norwajun

Desert Critter
Reaction score
I'm tired of looking at cornfields, I want to see some wide open spaces. Maybe you folks could help out by posting some pics of your favorite open spaces. I'll start with the Badlands:

Attachments

• sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 5
  • the badlands.jpg
    the badlands.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 3
The Channeled Scablands of Washington state.

271760447_0f07c408d1.jpg

Oregon Coast

oregon-coast.jpg

Dismals Canyon, Alabama

51131340.DismalsCanyonWaterfall601428.jpg

Cradle Mountain National Park, Tasmania (haven't been to this one, but wish to)

1243003804s1PP7lM.jpg

I've got a bad case of wanderlust today. I may have to disappear for a couple of days to work it out of my system. One of my all-time favorite places is Dinosaur National Monument. I spent a week there a few years ago wandering through the park, rafting the Green River, and just marveling at the scenery. Also, spent a great deal of time getting a closer look at many of the petroglyphs. It was wonderful.

Attachments

• Dinosaur%20National%20Monument.jpg
    Dinosaur%20National%20Monument.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Defaced%20petryglyph.jpg
    Defaced%20petryglyph.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1
Deception Pass, north of Seattle between Whidbey Island and the mainland. It's not a river, it's just that the Sound gets necked down so tightly there, the current makes it look like that.

Attachments

• Deception_Pass_2.JPG
    Deception_Pass_2.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 1
Deception Pass, north of Seattle between Whidbey Island and the mainland. It's not a river, it's just that the Sound gets necked down so tightly there, the current makes it look like that.

You know, I was offered a job at the Shell Anacortes refinery and I turned it down. Looking at the pictures you've posted makes me regret that decision even more...
Nebraska <<<<<<< Washington for awe-inspiring beauty.

I so need to get away...:(

2237861856_f8fcb4e2c3_o.jpg

Alberta, Canada grasslands

I went to Brooks, Alberta for a business trip in early Summer 2006. That is definitely a wide open space. And it was mind-blowing to see the number of seagulls around there. One of the locals told us a story about how a flock of seagulls once saved local farmers from a plague of locusts, and the birds have been given free rein of the place ever since.

Last edited:
Dismals Canyon, Alabama

51131340.DismalsCanyonWaterfall601428.jpg

That looks absolutely serene. Imagine staring at that for hours....

Kat, where is this located in Alabama?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom